ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Toscana, duo

Another day, another walled town on top of a hill.
Montalcino is famous for several red wines; the finest (or at least the most expensive) is Brunello.

We took the opportunity to try a glass with lunch, but sadly, the current restrictions on liquids in carryon luggage meant it would be too much hassle to bring some home.

On our way home, we stopped in an even smaller walled town; San Giovanni D'Asso. An American Artist bought a parcel of land there and has created an artwork that is a garden.The only rules in the garden are no smoking, no camping, no fires.

Every so often, you will come across a sculpture, or some words carved into stone. Nothing is explained, and there are no directional signs. Discreet fences mark the edges of the garden...

...and when you emerge from Il Bosco, you are immediately faced with a traditional garden.
Next stop, Firenze!

Labels:

Comments on "Toscana, duo"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Oct 29, 08:38:00 PM EDT) : 

That last pic reminds me of Texas! Do they ever get a rainy more green season?

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Mon Nov 03, 10:36:00 PM EST) : 

Ooh, gorgeous. Somehow I missed this; I wonder if I didn't get a bloglines alert, or if I was in the throes of virus when it came up (no doubt the latter). Keep the Italia pictures coming! They are wonderful!

 

post a comment