ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 07, 2008

Knitaly

September in Italy is still quite hot, but I did see many "inspirational knits"Forget Prada - my face was pressed up against the glass at the Missoni stores. This particular sweater was quite tame in terms of patterning, but I liked how the stitch pattern combined with the colour changes on the yoke.
Too cute!

Not sure what this lace pattern is - not being able to use the flash through a shop window doesn't make it any easier to identify.

Not a knit, but a neat idea - a silk scarf that was basted and shirred.
And of course, what better time to finish my Tuscany shawl than during our time in Tuscany!
I just kept knitting until the yarn was almost gone. I think I did about 15.5 pattern repeats; maybe 16.5.
Euro coin for scale.
The "just cast off shot"
It took a while after returning home to block it - but here it is:
Blocked Tri Tri Again Toscana
I ended up finishing it one month after the day I cast on - so much for my Ravelympics attempt.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Knitaly"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Nov 07, 08:09:00 PM EST) : 

Oh my god, I LOVE that little coat with the mitten pockets. So clever! I might have to knock that off!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sat Nov 08, 09:57:00 AM EST) : 

Thanks for sharing your trip pictures, that mitten pocket coat is cute. But your Tuscany shawl is just beautiful!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Wed Nov 12, 09:42:00 PM EST) : 

Gor blimey, love that yarn and lace pattern in the Tuscany shawl.

 

post a comment