ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day of Remembrance

I heard the story of Private George Lawrence Price on The Vinyl Cafe this Sunday. So sad.

Lest we forget


I don't know of any members of my extended family that fought in any of the last century's wars; my maternal grandfather worked as a chef on the train during World War II, and my paternal grandfather worked on the family farm.

Being a soldier is beyond my comprehension; I cannot imagine living that life. But I am thankful that so many did, and that so many continue to do so. Wars may be senseless, or waged for questionable goals, but I have to respect those who are willing to risk their lives for a cause they believe in.

So each year, I wear a poppy, and am thankful that there is no name attached. But perhaps this year, I will think of George Price during the 2 minutes of silence.

Labels:

Comments on "Day of Remembrance"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Nov 11, 09:19:00 AM EST) : 

Ohh, I heard that story too, of all times while I was on my Sunday morning run. Tough to get emotional while you're already breathing hard and huffing and puffing! I need to make sure my poppy is on my coat.

Best wishes to Somerset! I hope her toys/mat keep her good company.

 

post a comment