ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bonus post!




I'm on call for the ICU today, and managed to get home at around 4:30. Since my last few weeks have involved staying super late every night, it's almost like having a mini vacation (granted, most vacations aren't at risk of ending suddenly when a pager goes off). So I feel bound to post more vacation photos.




Our second day in Rome, we noticed these signs on the road to the Coliseum. We assumed that the run must have been first thing in the morning, since it was pretty hot during the day.
But instead, it turned out that they ran the race at night. It turned out that the couple we were meeting for dinner had to wait a good 15-20 minutes for the pack to thin out so that they could cross the road.
Pine Cone Court at The Vatican. That globe is titled "Beauty" - the big stone pine cone came from a fountain built by one of Augustus Caesar's generals. You have to wonder if someone intended that Beauty should seem so out of place here.
So does this qualify as Holy Water?
Door to The Pantheon - probably one of the most impressive buildings we saw.



***************

Yesterday The Gamber took Somerset to the vet.

Greedo thought it was safest to lay low, just in case.

Somerset hasn't regained much weight despite being on the thyroid medication for almost 2 months. This might be partly due to the fact we can only give her 1/4 the dose, or she starts puking. It's a topical medication that we put in her ear - she doesn't like it, but it's better than trying to give her a pill every day.

So the next option might be an iodine injection. Unfortunately, if we go down that route, she might need a daily dose of thyroid hormone. Which would likely be given as a pill...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Bonus post!"

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Sat Oct 11, 10:34:00 PM EDT) : 

You taught your cat to read??!! You are amazing!!

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Sat Oct 11, 11:16:00 PM EDT) : 

Ah, poor Somerset.
And sympathy for the owners, too; cats do not appreciate medications, and are not nearly as easy to fool as some dogs in that regard.

I too am impressed with the literate cat. Daily Fact Sheet?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Oct 12, 09:55:00 AM EDT) : 

I remember Squeaky's ear mite problem and wrestling with her to get the drops in and "down" so I feel your pain. I can't even imagine a pill. Ooof.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Sun Oct 12, 11:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Aw somerset :(
Simon had to be on the transdermal gel in the ear too. I found the best way to do it was to give the med in the ear and then give him some treats so he didn't run away and hate us.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Sun Oct 12, 02:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Awww, poor Somerset! I hope things gets easier for her.

And on another note, thanks for sharing all the photos from your trip. I'm blaming you for giving me that highly contagious travel bug. ;-) Luckily I'm traveling soon! TO here I come. Woot!

Since I won't be at Rhinebeck, I will expect you to be my official photographer. Up for the challenge?

 

Blogger betseydoodle said ... (Tue Oct 14, 07:42:00 AM EDT) : 

Poor sweet baboo...I always felt guilty giving kitties medication - because of the looks they would give me for doing it...

At least your kitty is an informed consumer- perhaps she won't be "as mad" as mine were...

 

post a comment