ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No, really, I'm still here...

I wish I could say I've been too busy having fun to blog, but that would be a bit of a lie (although we did have a good time at a wedding in Ottawa that happened to fall on WWKIP day - and no, I didn't knit at the wedding, but I did have a project in my purse in case of mindnumbingly long and boring speeches an emergency).

Work has been crazy as usual - have you ever given any thought to what happens in an ICU if the power goes out and the red power outlets that are supposed to draw power from the emergency generator don't actually work?


Neither did I before Sunday.

But it hasn't been all work and weddings; last night I finally scrolled through some of my Sea Socks photos**:




And knitting has happened:
sockette
These sockettes are being knit specifically for use with these puma skimmers:
sockette in use top sockette in use back
I'm hoping that I can get them finished by the end of the month - how is it that some people can crank out a pair of socks per week?
**What - you want captions? How about I get back to you on that in , oh, let's say 2 weeks as soon as I can?

Labels: ,

Comments on "No, really, I'm still here..."

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Tue Jun 24, 11:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Cute socklets! Looks like Seasocks was as fantastic as Pam said it was! I wish I could join you someday!

 

Blogger Kniterary Knews said ... (Wed Jun 25, 07:11:00 AM EDT) : 

More about the Urban Birds nests!!Please...
What does happen when the power goes off in ICU????

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Jun 25, 07:14:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow, Ok, so I guess I've thought about the power going out that way--but only in a "ha ha, that could never happen!" sense. I stand corrected!

I'm with you. My current socks have taken me about 3 mos.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Jun 25, 01:36:00 PM EDT) : 

Like the Sockettes! Nice pics of the cruise, whew, I bet it was cold.

Um..on the power thingy..we just found out what happens when a transformer is mistakenly blown. You have no IR, US, CT...eek it was a bad few hours!

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Wed Jun 25, 06:10:00 PM EDT) : 

Um. No power, machines not happy. Yes, we ran into that once, SOME of the red direct-to-the-generator outlets were live, some weren't, in the OR. Nothing critical was plugged into the non-live ones, though. They tested them all regularly after that.

Captions would be nice....at your convenience!

 

Blogger Chelle said ... (Wed Jun 25, 10:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Love the polar bear cap...BTW, what are the glasses on your window sill...votive candles??

I'm rather dismayed about the red plugs. I sold hospital equipment for years and cheerfully assumed that our machines would purr along in a power outage...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 15, 02:00:00 AM EDT) : 

I absolutely LOVE those! What a good idea--hadn't occurred to me to do them! How quickly they'd be done and on my eet.

 

post a comment