ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fair Isle Faux Pas

Here's my first go at the Deviation from The Standard Handwarmers:
swatch 1 no flash
Hmmm...we seem to be lacking something...contrast, perhaps? In retrospect, using the marl with bits of red as the background colour probably wasn't a good idea...Will have to start over with another colour - another yarn purchase to go towards the stash busting project!

I'm not too bummed about having to start over - this is my first "hold one yarn in each hand" project (I kind of stumbled along with the fish place mat). Many thanks to Glenna for pointing me towards the Philosopher's Wool Tutorial - it's perfect. Ironically, although I have always knit English style (more or less), it's not my left hand that I am having problems with - it's my right hand! I was trying to "push" the right hand yarn rather than "throw" it, but had trouble maintaining tension.

Although the handwarmers are now having a time-out until I can make it to Romni, I'm still reaping the befefits of the tutorial - keeping the 2 colourways of Silk Garden on either side of me as I knit sleeves is working brilliantly!
Sleeves March 16
Progress will be faster now that I no longer need to take 5 minutes to detangle every 3 rows!!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Fair Isle Faux Pas"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun Mar 16, 10:08:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah, picking colors for fair isle is nearly as much work as the actual knitting. Some hit, some miss. You'll pick out a winning combo this next time!

 

Blogger Holly said ... (Mon Mar 17, 09:35:00 AM EDT) : 

Ah yes, those tangled ends - almost as much fun and trying to deal with computer and monitor cables...

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Mon Mar 17, 01:40:00 PM EDT) : 

Yup, the Philosopher's Wool tutorial is da bomb! Glad the whole 2 colour thing is working for ya.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Mar 17, 09:44:00 PM EDT) : 

Beautiful sleeves! Can't wait to see the finished result.

 

post a comment