ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 21, 2008

An uplifting post?

Apparently, today is the most depressing day of the year. Well, it's also my second Blogiversary. Yes, two years ago today, I wrote my first blog post, complete with cat photo.


To celebrate, I am going to take this opportunity to Pay it Forward. I saw this 2 months ago on Stacie's blog - I'm not sure where it originated, but this is the commitment:


I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog



In honor of my blogiversary, I will pay it forward to 2 random commenters as well, for a grand total of 5 recipients. Any comment made in the next week is eligible



If that's not enough to make you feel a little bit better, here's what the day looked like in this little corner of the world:


No cold noses here!Not many clouds either.

But there are mountains,

And more mountains,




And times ahead look good. This is Bob from Saskatchewan. He's retired, and spends his winters here. Twice a week, he takes people on tours around the mountain. What's not to smile about?

Labels: ,

Comments on "An uplifting post?"

 

Blogger Montreal Mama said ... (Mon Jan 21, 09:35:00 PM EST) : 

Happy Blogaversary Lisa!

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Mon Jan 21, 09:42:00 PM EST) : 

Happy Blogiversary!

I'm already in on PIF, but I hope you get some good takers!

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Mon Jan 21, 10:55:00 PM EST) : 

It's obviously only a depressing day to those who don't read your blog! Happy Blogiversary!
And your pictures today are stunning. (So are you!) Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Mon Jan 21, 11:21:00 PM EST) : 

Happy Anniversary...

Those pictures are breathtaking.

I already am paying it forward so I can't do it again, but I love the idea, I can't wait to send out my gifts this year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jan 22, 05:57:00 AM EST) : 

Very pretty photos. Happy blogiversary!

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Tue Jan 22, 07:09:00 AM EST) : 

That was a most excellent cat picture! Looks like ya'll are having fun in all the snow. Enjoy your vacation

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Jan 22, 07:23:00 AM EST) : 

Happy Bloggo!

I'm not smiling because I can only dream about snow like that!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Tue Jan 22, 07:37:00 AM EST) : 

Happy Blogiversary! I want Bob's job. But without the snow.

 

Blogger Monika said ... (Tue Jan 22, 08:06:00 AM EST) : 

The pictures are wonderful. Makes me want to fly home to Austria and go skiing! Or just have a snow ball fight with everybody there! :o)
The reasons for being NOT so depressed on Jan 24 cracked me up. The article is funny. I get depressed when the temps are startign to rise, and get so hight, that I don't stop sweating until next Christmas! :o)

 

Blogger prairiegirl said ... (Wed Jan 23, 01:26:00 PM EST) : 

Happy Blogaversary!

I think the PIF idea is terrific! If you're still looking for people you can count me in!

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Thu Jan 24, 11:21:00 AM EST) : 

Congrats on your blogiversary! Looks like your vacation is sweeeet. Hope you're having (had?) a great time.

BTW - your blog makes my day. I gave you an award today. Check out my blog to see! :-)

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Sun Jan 27, 08:27:00 AM EST) : 

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

Heh, that is one cute kitty picture alright!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sun Jan 27, 12:49:00 PM EST) : 

Happy Belated Blogiverary! I've been chained to my desk for the past 2 weeks and am just now catching up.

Beautiful mountains!

 

post a comment