ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bunny Thumper Contest!

Kitkatknits is running a contest on her blog - it involves measuring your cat's "bunny thumper" - from the tip of their longest rear toe to their "heel". Presumably the length of the "sole" if you were insane enough to knit a pair of socks for your cat.


Greedo wasn't interested in being measured demonstrated the difficulty involved in taking a picture of a white cat using a flash, and turned out to have a 5 3/4 inch thumper, which isn't the longest measurement out there. But it looks like Somerset might be in the running for having the daintiest Bunny Thumper:

4 and 3/8 inches long.

Since it's impossible to measure accurately and take a photo at the same time, The Gambler kindly took a picture of me doing my imitation of a giant caliper:

Of course, size isn't everything, because it's usually Somerset who ends up thumping the crap out of Greedo's head when they tussle.

But enough about the cats... it's time for another Hourglass Sweater Update:


I've decided to rename it the "Lines in The Sand Sweater" because I thought it would be bad knitting karma to refer to something as The PITSS. I am a few inches away from dividing for the yoke:
I'm wondering if I should have gone down a needle size for the seed stitch border (a modification from the folded hem called for in the pattern) - I might do that for the collar/cuffs. I'm just letting the Silk Garden stripe as it comes off the skein, because I would go insane if I tried to enforce some order on its Noro-ness. However, I think it is somewhat fortuitous that that lime green section ends up falling at the top of my hip rather than lower down...


I decided to change the striping ratios a final time, so the middle section is 4 rows dark/4 rows light rather than 3/3 - now I just have to figure out when to switch to 3 rows dark/4 rows light. Probably at the bust line, because my chest can stand a bit of emphasis!

This is the first time that I tried the sweater on; the pre-blocking fit is snug, so it should work out well post-blocking. My gauge is 20 st/4in right now, so it should end up being close to the called for 19 st/4in when all is said and done.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Bunny Thumper Contest!"

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (Sat Jan 12, 08:14:00 PM EST) : 

The sweater is looking great! It's my experience that Noro definitely relaxes a teeny bit after a wash, so you'll be right on with your gauge. You're going really quick...looks like you'll be done by next SnB!

My cats have pretty average feet, it seems. The two bigger ones are at 5.25" and the little runty is at 4.5".

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Sat Jan 12, 10:05:00 PM EST) : 

I'll second that - it looks beautiful! wish I had some cats to measure, but alas, no cat feet.
cute pictures!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Jan 13, 12:16:00 AM EST) : 

The sweater is looking so good so far! Love the stripes.

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Sun Jan 13, 10:49:00 AM EST) : 

wow you are really moving right along on that! Impressive!

 

Blogger GURO said ... (Sun Jan 13, 10:59:00 AM EST) : 

Impressive progress with the Noro. It's looking great. Cat measuring looks fun!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Jan 13, 12:07:00 PM EST) : 

The sweater fits very well so far, it'll be comfy when it grows a bit. Very nice, and the way the colors are striping makes it really flattering too. I really like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Jan 13, 01:24:00 PM EST) : 

Beautiful sweater! I'll look forward to seeing it grow.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Jan 13, 05:55:00 PM EST) : 

I seriously love all the colours you are putting into that sweater!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Mon Jan 14, 02:30:00 PM EST) : 

Beautiful job Secret Pal!
Your sweater is just zipping along, hope you have some time now that you are back to work too.
It looks great, can't wait to see it when it is finished.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Jan 14, 03:40:00 PM EST) : 

can't wait to get home and measure my kitties' thumpers! lol! the sweater is lookin rockin btw.

 

Blogger Penny said ... (Fri Jan 18, 01:04:00 AM EST) : 

Thanks for letting us know about the thumper contest. Alas, Solara won't be in the running for the largest thumper which at her size I thought would be a possibilty or for the smallest. BUT there is always the randsom draw.

 

post a comment