ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 28, 2007

Yearly wrap up

A while back I saw that Ruth (see below re: lack of link - sorry Ruth - everyone else: Ruth is an Australian blogger who lives in S. Africa , knits and quilts awesome stuff and has an adorable little baby - she's in my bloglines list) did something neat on her blog - she posted the first line of the first blog entry for each month.



I decided to instead post an amusing line from each month. I started writing this post a few weeks ago, when I had more free time. I am back to 12-14 hour days in the ICU until January 2nd, so I decided I might as well publish it tonight before I fall into bed. I was going to link each line to the respective post, but am unlikely to have time to brush my teeth in the next few days let alone go hunt down the blog entries again. If you have nothing else to do with your time are fascinated by what you see below, check my blog archives - kind of like a treasure hunt, just without a prize.



January:

It will kind of be like The Yarn Harlot's MSF fundraising drive, but less meaningful, with more cat photos and fewer shots of people holding partially knit socks.



February:

I did, however, facilitate someone else getting rid of their hot pink boucle yarn (the girl who sat beside me last night is going to have her first baby in June; I asked if she knew the sex. When she replied that it is a girl, I told her she had to take the pink yarn).



March:

I wonder if the German language has a word for "not funny ha-ha, but funny in an ironic way that doesn't completely fulfill the criteria for irony. Like rain on your wedding day."



April:

Oh great, I may be knitting Socks of Death.



May:

I didn't think I would ever see it again, but surprisingly, as I was walking back from a quick trip to MECca (not it's official name, but a term that I coined for the Vancouver store, since there probably is a law on the books that you must own at least 5 items of gear from MEC to be a Vancouverite), I looked down at the sidewalk



June:

i dont know why these words are smaller than the other words but thats ok because mommy doesn't know why it happens either and she says it is a blog design feature



July:

I like to combine tangential thinking with a habit of picking up a conversation where it left off, even though the other party in the conversation has since moved on with their life and has no idea what I am talking about.



August:

If it's The Happiest Place On Earth (TM), why are there so many crying children?



September:

Now, personally, I wanted to speed up to get past the damned thing ASAP, because I have this little quirk of NOT WANTING TO BE ONLY 3 LANES AWAY FROM AN EXPLODING GAS TANK!!!! I'm kind of funny that way about avoiding infernos and shrapnel.



October:

Swarovski has an amazing "Crystal Wonderland" just outside Innsbruck Austria. Sadly, it is closed for renovations until December 1st, so we had to make do with a giant bronze turd.



November:

Now, I freely admit that I need more sock yarn like I need a hole in my head (I've always wondered - could piercings be considered "holes in the head"? How about when people put those big grommets into their earlobes?), but this yarn does solve a minor dilemma.



December:

Check out the Japanese yarn content listing - what is the 13% it refers to? Vegetable fibre content?

Have fun on the 31st; and best wishes to all for 2008!

Labels:

Comments on "Yearly wrap up"

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Fri Dec 28, 11:31:00 PM EST) : 

Great idea!!! You're a crack up.

Since I'm low on originality, do you mind if "borrow" your idea?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Dec 29, 02:57:00 AM EST) : 

Glad to see you played along! I did the first lines since I'm not that funny...

 

Blogger knitmd said ... (Sat Dec 29, 07:30:00 AM EST) : 

A far better way to complete the year than reviewing incomplete resolutions from last year!

Happy New Year!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Dec 29, 09:42:00 AM EST) : 

Ha ha! Bronze turd, I think that was my fave. I might have to steal this as well.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Dec 29, 01:57:00 PM EST) : 

That's too funny. I'm still trying to figure out the 13% weird yarn content. If I ever do, I'll let you know!

 

Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said ... (Sat Dec 29, 04:26:00 PM EST) : 

Oh gosh, I am torn between March, April... Heck, I like them all!
=:8

 

Blogger Oh Baby! said ... (Wed Jan 02, 12:36:00 PM EST) : 

happy new year! nice wrap up!lol!

 

post a comment