ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 12, 2007

Just what I need...

...another WIP!
warmfuzzy start
This is "Warmfuzzy", the gift that I am knitting for one of the nurses I work with as a Secret Santa gift.

warmfuzzy yarns
I'm using Optimum DK (pink), Colinette Parisienne (marble colourway), Nashua Creative Focus Brushed Alpaca (magenta), and Sublime angora merino (white) to knit a Purl Scarf.

I'm using 10mm needles, and am finding them somewhat cumbersome and clunky - they make me wish that I could knit Continental style. It's boring as hell, and I have to pay attention while I am knitting it to make sure that I don't drop one of the yarns. But it is nice and soft, and I'm pretty sure she's going to like it - every time I see her she's wearing pink.

Speaking of warm fuzzies, The Gambler got me a birthday cake this weekend as a special treat:
Icanhazcake
I'm still too shell shocked from my crazy call week to come up with a suitable caption, so I will have to leave it up to my readership.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Just what I need..."

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Mon Nov 12, 11:38:00 PM EST) : 

No clever captions, but I am just picturing chocolate frosting on white cat. Because without intervention, you know a nose or a paw would have been checking the cake out.

You know, though I knit mostly Continental, when I knit with really big needles (not my favorite to put it mildly), I switch to English. The bulky yarn that I'm generally knitting with is harder to handle somehow carrying it intertwined among my fingers, and it requires a different hand position that isn't as comfortable. So maybe it wouldn't be a panacea to knit Continental. Big needles are annoying either way!
Sleep, eat, recover.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Nov 13, 07:24:00 AM EST) : 

I like your combo of yarns there. Man that's going to be soft!!!

Silly kitty, birthday cakes are for humans!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Nov 13, 02:20:00 PM EST) : 

"Wait a minute...my birthday isn't until next month!"

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Tue Nov 13, 03:10:00 PM EST) : 

The scarf will be pretty, I like the combo of yarns. Hope you'll survive it, and not drive yourself nuts!

Seems to me that someone was *really* interested in your birthday cake, and was hoping for at least a good sniff ...

 

Blogger Beadknitter said ... (Tue Nov 13, 07:00:00 PM EST) : 

That not cheez burger!

Sorry, I'm a lolcat fan.

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Tue Nov 13, 07:39:00 PM EST) : 

Ah must save ze hoo-mans frahm ze eevil chocolat. Oui, c'est trop dangereux. Ah must 'ave ze firrrst taste du chocolat.

(Not sure why the cat speaks with a french accent, but there you go) ;)

 

post a comment