ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Caught in the act by a fruit-sniffing Beagle...

We arrived in Toronto at 8:30 PM last night, which for our bodies was 4:30 AM. Just after we left the plane, The Gambler tossed the 2 apples out of his backpack that we hadn't gotten around to eating. Since I knew that we had eaten the 2 bananas that were in my bag, I didn't give it any further thought.
As I was standing there somewhat dazed as The Gambler grabbed our baggage from the luggage carousel, I saw a woman walking a beagle through the luggage area. I noticed that the beagle had a little doggie vest on with the initials CBSA. She looked to be doing some type of training, as she put a bag down, and rewarded the dog when he sniffed at it. "I didn't realize that they use beagles to sniff for drugs" I thought. Then the beagle made it's way over to where I was standing, and started to sniff at our backpacks. The woman asked me: "Do you have any food in your bag?". "Not any more, but there was some in there recently", I said. So she unzipped The Gambler's bag and lo and behold there was nothing in the main compartment other than 2 books. So she opened my bag - on top was my knitting bag, which had yarn, and needles, and a water bottle, and underneath was my Clapotis. She dug further, and it turned out that there was a pear at the bottom of my backpack - I had forgotten that I had grabbed it at the breakfast buffet. I was told: "You could face a $400 fine for this", but she decided to let me off as long as I tossed the pear right then and there. Then she and the dog proceeded to bust an elderly couple.

But enough about my inadvertent smuggling. I had packages waiting for me when I got home

My final SP9 package:

Some Somerset coloured sock yarn (which will probably get knit up into Cat's Face Lace Socks)

A Montego Bay scarf (knit out of handpainted yarn)

Patterns

And assorted goodies of Portland origin.

However, I haven't figured out my SP's knitty identity yet - please let me know who you are!!



I also received a Ravelry Birthday swap package from Tammy:

2 different sock yarns,

And more goodies!

Don't forget the lemon cookies! (Even though I am a chocolate fanatic, there's something about lemon cookies that makes my mouth water!)

And there was a surprise package from Janis:

BTW Janis - it totally didn't occur to me that you were asking for my address because you intended to send me something - I can be quite dense sometimes!

Labels:

Comments on "Caught in the act by a fruit-sniffing Beagle..."

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sat Oct 27, 04:09:00 PM EDT) : 

Well I'm glad you didn't end up in the slammer over a pear!!

Welcome home and it looks like you came home to some nice goodies!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sat Oct 27, 05:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Geez, if I'd known you were an international fruit smuggler, I don't know if I'd wanted to be friends ... LOL!

How nice to come home to packages of goodies! Makes it seem like vacation isn't over.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Oct 27, 06:33:00 PM EDT) : 

Geeze makes you wonder what the elderly couple had. Maybe some cheese and crackers?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Oct 27, 09:26:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow. $400 for a pear. Well at least it makes for some good bloggage!

Nice spoilage!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Oct 28, 09:51:00 AM EDT) : 

Fabulous spoilage!

You were lucky with the pear, by the way. I was flying from Frankfurt to Pittsburgh, and while we were waiting for the luggage to show up, there was a guy with a dog walking around. This unfortunate gentleman had probably done something similar to what happened to you, he had an apple in his backpack. He offered to throw it away right then and there, to which the customs person replied, "Well, it's a little too late for that now."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Oct 28, 03:54:00 PM EDT) : 

I guess my little blue mouse drawing was too subtle (or didn't look enough like a mouse)!

I hope you enjoy your treats. I had fun shopping for you!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Mon Oct 29, 11:46:00 AM EDT) : 

You're lucky you didn't do any jail time because of that pear! ;)

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Mon Oct 29, 12:35:00 PM EDT) : 

Lovely prezzies! who'd a thunk a pear would be a punishable offense?

 

post a comment