ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 02, 2007

And the gods laughed...

Yeah - no post yesterday - I ended up getting home at 4 AM, becuase I had 2 sick people come in through the ER late in the evening.


Which in itself is a PITA, but we are also taking a weekend trip to Winnipeg to see my family, flight leaves at noon today and I had not yet packed. I ended up just grabbing a selection of clothes out of the still-not-unpacked-europe-suitcase before crashing.
So speaking of European clothes - this number was in the Louis Vuitton shop window on the Champs d'Elysees:

It's a neat idea, although I think I'd like it in a non-mohair yarn, and probably hip/tunic length.

Discussion point - how much of a copyright violation is it for me to post this photo and discuss creating something based on it?

Comments on "And the gods laughed..."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Nov 02, 09:58:00 AM EDT) : 

I think it's OK as long as you don't sell what you come up with.
I do like it. But I'm too short to pull it off!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Fri Nov 02, 12:26:00 PM EDT) : 

I agree with Bezzie - also, I think posting the picture and identifying its source keeps you out of trouble too.

If not, it will look lovely over prison stripes ...

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Nov 02, 01:16:00 PM EDT) : 

Is it really bad of me to think it makes the mannequin look like a penguin?

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Nov 02, 06:06:00 PM EDT) : 

That would be kind of neat, in black, in a non-fuzzy yarn. I don't want to know how much they sell that stockinette stitch number for, though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Nov 02, 06:38:00 PM EDT) : 

I first saw these on Style.com and posted the photo over at Flickr - I love the simple neck closure.

Re copyright: I tend to agree with Bezzie and Bridget.

PS: Did you happen to take note of the price? [Just curious...]

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Fri Nov 02, 09:43:00 PM EDT) : 

I too agree with bezzie.

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Sat Nov 03, 01:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Nora - no idea how many limbs they wanted for it - we didn't go in the shop, and no price was posted in the window. I think it falls squarely into the category of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Nov 04, 11:33:00 AM EST) : 

You can use it as inspiration, no problem - things aren't created in a vaccuum. It's not like you are going to make a direct copy and sell the pattern.

 

post a comment