ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Shots, Random Thoughts

I finished my Clapotis this weekend; I ended up having a significant amount of yarn left over, despite having weighed the increase section; I would the equivalent amount of yarn into the centre of the second skein (marked it with some wast yarn), and had planned to keep going on the straight section until I hit the marker. However, after doing about 14 or 15 repeats of the straight section, I was starting to get antsy to finish, so I just started on the decreases. It's more scarf width than shawl width, because I did one less set of increases/decreases. In retropspect, if I had done the required number of increases, it would work better as a shawl, but I'm pretty certain it would be too short to use as a scarf.


We have done more window shopping than actual purchasing things shopping - this was the first time I saw Crocs boots - are they available in N. America? I personally am a Crocs hater - I have large feet, and the last thing I want is shoes that make them look significantly larger. I have a pair of Doc Martens clogs that I got years ago on ebay the I can wear if I am suddenly overcome by a desire to wear clogs. I have seem skimmer/mary jane styled crocs out there which are nice and streamlines, but my concern is that my feet would sweat horribly if encased all day in plastic.
Swarovski has an amazing "Crystal Wonderland" just outside Innsbruck Austria. Sadly, it is closed for renovations until December 1st, so we had to make do with a giant bronze turd.

The Gambler loves to go look at castles - it's almost beyond my comprehension that people actually lived in these places, and used the artifacts inside.
Hops - grown by The Gambler's cousin. This is the closest we got to any fruit one day in Nurmberg - meat and cheese for breakfast, sausages and cabbage for lunch, and dinner at "The Schnitzelteria"(The Gambler also looooves schnitzel, and would eat it 3 times a day if possible) - I decided that I would try the "vegetarian schnitzel" and got 2 huge slabs of gouda that had been breaded and fried. I have decided that the lemon slice traditionally served with schnitzel is for the purposes of preventing scurvy rather than for flavour.

Labels:

Comments on "Random Shots, Random Thoughts"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Oct 17, 08:21:00 AM EDT) : 

I think the home of Crocs is Colorado (my former state, and people were proud), so I'd imagine the boots are available somewhere on this side of the Atlantic. But I've got to admit that I think they take an already somewhat unappealing piece of shoeware and elevate it to true ugliness.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Oct 17, 09:58:00 AM EDT) : 

I haven't seen the boot crocs yet. I think they would make my feet, ankles and calves a big pile of sweat. ick.

Your clapotis is lovely, I like the overall darnkess of the yarn and then the splashes of green/yellow.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Oct 17, 12:07:00 PM EDT) : 

congrats on the clap! looks awesome!
maybe it's the holes on the top of my crocs, but i never get sweaty feet, the boots on the other hand could be scary. they are cute tho. says, a size 5.5! s)

 

Blogger weezalana said ... (Wed Oct 17, 12:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice job on the Clap!

Crocs are everywhere here. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Fried cheese, ay? Hubster would've been happy with either version of schnitzel!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Wed Oct 17, 02:11:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm on the Crocs hate train and I'm not getting off. Ew. They're ugly.

Love the Clapotis! It's very pretty!

And giant bronze turd? Um. Why?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Oct 17, 04:11:00 PM EDT) : 

I think your theory about the lemon is right on! Gotta love German food.

Your clapotis turned out great!

 

Blogger Ariel said ... (Wed Oct 17, 05:23:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice turd! And the clap looks great on you. Heh - I said "the clap."

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Oct 17, 11:28:00 PM EDT) : 

Lovely Clapotis! They should call them sweaty boot crocs! Interesting statute!

 

Blogger Blu Roux said ... (Thu Oct 18, 01:03:00 AM EDT) : 

I gotta say, I love my crocs, ugly thought they might be. However, they are very slippery when wet, so boots = not such a great idea! :-0

The Clapotis is truly lovely! Nice jorb!

My DBF would agree with you on the lemon slice theory, but then, he was born in Britain-- G&T's are there to prevent malaria, right? ;-)

I have wild Hops growing in my garden, btw-- It's nice to see what an actual plant should produce--mine doesn't redden at all, and the buds don't elongate or open like that. (They look like tiny, green pine cones.)

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Thu Oct 18, 01:31:00 AM EDT) : 

Lisa, Your clapotis is très très chic.

Love the bronze turd.

Mmmmm... Schnitzel....

 

post a comment