ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Was ist ein Blog?

You have to love Europe - today we had breakfast in France (Strasbourg), lunch in Germany (Freiburg), and dinner in Switzerland (Basel). The Swiss internet service connects me to the German version of Blogger. The Gambler was very impressed that French male store mannequins have stubble, and thought that the German ones were also quite detailed.

The funniest thing was when a (German) saleswoman asked me if I wanted the receipt for some postcards put in the bag with the cards - I answered "Si", realized my error, said "Oui", realized that I had again used the wrong language and finally managed to blurt out "Ja". I imagine that story got a few chuckles from her family when she shared it with them over dinner.

More info regarding my Birthday Tea for those of you in and around the GTA: Please RSVP to Jacquie "I Can Organize In My Sleep" Blackman - jacquie@jacquieblackman.com

Will hopefully have a chance to post some WIPs and some travel photos in the next few days (plus a photo of my 2 Euro Fauxddis) - the converter that we brought didn't accomodate the ground on the computer power cord, but we managed to pick up a "universal" European power cord which runs the computer, although it does not seem to charge the battery.

Labels:

Comments on "Was ist ein Blog?"

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Tue Oct 09, 07:30:00 PM EDT) : 

oooo! can't wait for the photos! man, I had all 3 meals today in the same place...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Oct 09, 08:11:00 PM EDT) : 

When I was in Antwerp with a laptop and an adaptor that didn't work on the plugs, I literally took a knife to my (very cheap) plastic adaptor to make it fit. I was probably horribly unsafe, but, damn it, I wanted to take advantage of the free wireless in my B&B! And look up train schedules. And post pictures, though not of yarn.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Oct 09, 08:24:00 PM EDT) : 

Sounds like you're having a great time!!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Tue Oct 09, 09:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Sounds like you are having funfunfun!

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Tue Oct 09, 10:50:00 PM EDT) : 

I am so impressed that you are blogging as you go, particularly when you are eating each meal in a different country!!
Hope it's all going smoothly, and remember to bring home some souvenir yarn! (Like you need a reminder...)

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Wed Oct 10, 02:49:00 AM EDT) : 

I've only had one souvenir yarn opportunity at a Phildar store in France, but most stuff was at least 50% acrylic. There was an Any Blatt shop that I walked by last night that was closed, and I don't think I'll go there today - everything in Switzerland is super expensive, and the few prices I could see were quie high. We did see a great shop in Heidelberg, with good prices, but sadly, it was a Sunday.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Oct 10, 08:33:00 AM EDT) : 

oh darn I think I lost my comment. Here's what I think I wrote:

Your trip sounds amazing! I probably would have done the same thing (si, oui, ja). I'm taking a Spanish class and I keep answering in French.

 

Blogger weezalana said ... (Wed Oct 10, 11:25:00 AM EDT) : 

HAHA! I did that once in Paris. We were at a cafe, and I said, "Si, gracias," to the server. Then clapped my hand over my mouth, apologized, and collapsed in fit of giggles. It was a good thing we were done with our meal, because I'm pretty sure he would have spit in our food.

Can't wait to hear and see more about your trip!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Oct 10, 08:00:00 PM EDT) : 

Sounds like a great time! Oh oui it does!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Oct 11, 01:54:00 PM EDT) : 

I am so jealous of you marauding through Europe. Oh can you smell the jealousy?

I'm so excited for you though, and for all the fabulous pictures I can't wait to see!

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sat Oct 20, 12:08:00 PM EDT) : 

Sounds like you're having a good trip. Back in the (university) day I stepped on an elevator. In it were the following three people: my Spanish instructor, my French instructor, and my German Instructor. Little did I know that it was the first taste of how my brain now functions nearly 30 years later.

 

post a comment