ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sigh

After several days lacking either a functional router, laptop, or the time to post anything (EVERYBODY waited for me to come on call before showing up at the hospital half or 3/4 dead it seems - I swear to your deity of choice that I heard at least 4 variations on "Well, it started on Thursday when she passed out...then finally today she was feeling really crappy so I called the ambulance". Hello people! The hospital IS open on weekends!!), I finally have an evening where I get home by 8 PM (That is early), and am ready to upload all sorts of photos of yarn and other lovely goodness.

But when my laptop got upgraded to Windows XP, the photo downloading software didn't get reloaded and although the Canon website is more than happy to upgrade my downloading software, doing a full re-install seems to be a bit of a problem.

Dear IT department at the hospital I was working at when I bought my laptop:

I am certain that you had very good reason for not allowing me to access the hospital network unless I had Windows 2000 as the operating program, despite the fact that Windows 2000 was no longer on the market, and DELL couldn't even install it onto my laptop for me, and Windows XP was the current industry standard. I also hear that BETA was a much superior product to VHS, and that the Edsel was a mighty fine automobile. I did see a dogeared copy of Windows XP for Dummies at a thrift shop the other day - would you like me to mail it to you?

Sincerely,

LLD

Labels:

Comments on "Sigh"

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Wed Sep 12, 09:39:00 PM EDT) : 

Repeat to yourself:
Computers make my life easier.
Computers make my life easier.
Computers make my life easier.

Grrrrr.


(BTW, the word verification Blogger wanted me to type in was "wydrrd", which reminds me of a unholy combination of 'weirded' and 'redrum' somehow.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Thu Sep 13, 07:33:00 AM EDT) : 

Why do people do that? Last month, my neighbor told me that she was "thinking" of going to the hospital because she had blacked out "5 or 6 times" ...

As for computers. Well.

 

Blogger Kessa said ... (Thu Sep 13, 08:53:00 AM EDT) : 

I don't know why some people WAIT until they're knocking a death's door to seek medical attention.

Hospital computers and IT departments seem to be the most antiquated and frustrating!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Sep 13, 11:53:00 PM EDT) : 

I remember my mom telling me that we didn't need a commador 64 because 'these things will never take off' She clearly hasn't seen someone launch their laptop across the room in frustration.

Your Secret Pal from Secret Pal 11

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Sep 15, 09:16:00 AM EDT) : 

Computers make life easier.

Iff they are Macs or Linux machines.

 

post a comment