ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 25, 2007

And the award for lamest excuse goes to...

Our National Airline!

We took an overnight flight home from Vegas Thursday. Because of minor turbulence throughout the 4 hour flight, neither The Gambler nor I were able to sleep ( I usually fall asleep before the seatbelt sign goes off, and then nap for 90 minutes). So we arrived in Toronto at 6:30 am, and went to get our luggage. We had checked in pretty early, so we expected that our luggage wouldn't be the first out. Three of our 4 suitcases finally came. So we waited for the 4th one. Then we noticed that there were no new bags coming onto the belt, but there were at least 20 people still waiting for bags, so we thought that maybe the baggage unloaders had gone on a coffee break. We waited for another 30 minutes, and then the light on the baggage carousel went on, and a buzzer went off. We watched, and nothing happened. The 4 orphaned bags on the carousel went round and round, and no new suitcases joined them. About 20 minutes later, an overhead announcement was made indicating that all the suitcases from the Las Vegas flight had been unloaded, and anyone who was missing anything should go to the baggage counter.

We checked the tags on the 3 bags we did have, and realized that of the 4 stickers, the numbers only matched on 2 of the baggage labels, but our names were on all the of baggage labels. Needless to say, an overnight flight + an extra hour waiting for baggage = very frustrated customers. So to add insult to injury, the rep at the baggage counter said:
" The plane was overweight, so some bags were left behind to lighten the load"

Which brings 2 words to mind:
Bull. Shit.

Especially there was the discrepency in the tag/label ID#'s for one of our bags. The Gambler, while chatting with the people in line, discovered that every single one of them had been checked in by "the trainee". As luck would have it, that's the suitcase that contains some yarn and beads I bought at the Santa Monica Fibre Arts Fair, as well as some gifts that I picked up for a Secret Pal. Hopefully we'll get it back tomorrow.

Speaking of Secret Pals, I had some packages waiting for me when I got home (we now get mail delivered right to our house! No more Superboxes!)

The first was from my knittyboard Rut Bustin' Sock Swap pal:
RBSS package
Some Knitpicks Bare sock yarn, US 13 tips and spare cords, chocolate, stitch markers, Kool Aid, blocking pins, and Favorite Socks!! Thank you Pal!

The second package (from my knittyboard Secret Pal) came wrapped in bacon:
bacon wrap
(I love that packing tape! Mail Mignon!)

And included a tip to make a move less painful:
moving card

Look at all of the goodness that was inside:
SP package 1
Some treats for Somerset and Greedo, spare pockets for my Options set (which I thought I had packed in the missing suitcase for a few scary hours), tunes (which will make my commute much more enjoyable), stitch markers, a needle and stitch gauge, some AllHemp 6 to play with plus not one, but 2 books - one full of crochet trims, and No Sheep For You! Thank you Pal!

Which reminds me, I have to try to find my copy of Last Minute Knitted Gifts so that I can knit the Popcorn gift satchel for my own knitty Secret Pal. I'm thinking it's in a box somewhere...

Labels: ,

Comments on "And the award for lamest excuse goes to..."

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sat Aug 25, 06:40:00 PM EDT) : 

That bites on your suitcase! *sending good vibes it'll be there soon!*

Nice swap packages! I love the bacon wrap and house care hehe!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sat Aug 25, 08:37:00 PM EDT) : 

Why do people always blame the trainee and never the trainER? Lame. Yeah, that's bullshit. Overweight my ass. Well, actually my ass IS overweight but that's neither here nor there. Really it's everywhere but I digress.

Great packages!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Aug 26, 12:09:00 AM EDT) : 

So lame about the luggage.

I'm glad your package was waiting for you though. I thought you would get a kick out of the bacon tape--don't ask me why!

Your next package is on it's way soon...

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sun Aug 26, 10:55:00 AM EDT) : 

I love the bacon tape! Too funny. The lost luggage? Not so funny. On my latest flight, they actually weighed the suitcases, so I find it a bit unbelievable that the plane was overweight????

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sun Aug 26, 11:48:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh, please - "the plane was overweight" - then say something to the passengers! At least then they expect there will be problems at the other end. Grrrr!

However, I was placated by your goodies. :-) Here's hoping they worked even better for you.

 

Blogger f. pea said ... (Sun Aug 26, 12:45:00 PM EDT) : 

i think the most outrageous thing is that they picked the knitting luggage to leave behind. argh!!!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sun Aug 26, 03:25:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow, interesting that the weight of 20+ measly suitcases were enough to put that huge jet airplane in mortal danger of hurling from the sky.

Your Secret Pals rock! And a sense of humour!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Mon Aug 27, 02:33:00 PM EDT) : 

I really hope you get that suitcase back soon! Those packages look fantastic, I've had my eye on that sock book for quite a while!

 

post a comment