ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 03, 2007

Perchance to Dream...

You'll be happy to know that with the exception of an hour of sleep lost to someone who had to be re-admitted to hospital at 1:30 AM after signing himself out against medical advice, I did get some sleep last night.

And then got to go back to the hospital this morning to see the 7 or 8 Respirology referrals that I had put off until today (because I am sometimes on call for both ICU and Respirology at the same time on weekends - keeps me off the streets)

Here's something else I don't understand - I was driving on the freeway (eastbound) to work Saturday morning and there was a car on fire on the side of the westbound lanes. People slowed down to take a look. Now, personally, I wanted to speed up to get past the damned thing ASAP, because I have this little quirk of NOT WANTING TO BE ONLY 3 LANES AWAY FROM AN EXPLODING GAS TANK!!!! I'm kind of funny that way about avoiding infernos and shrapnel.

Is it wrong that I am very excited that tomorrow the Value Village a few km from the hospital is having a 50% off sale? And that I plan to park in a "4 hour physician parking" spot because I know that I'll head there at lunchtime?

Finally - can you believe that I tried to place an order with an online yarn seller today, and I was told that my order was too heavy? I swear by all that is holy, that I was instructed to REMOVE items from my basket. Is their website run by Stash Nazis? And speaking of Nazis - we need a permit for onstreet parking, and it has to have the licence plate on the permit, which is ordered on line. I bought a temporary permit for The Gambler's car last week, but reversed the letters and numbers. He got not one but TWO parking tickets, because the permit was for BC licence plate AAA 111 rather than BC licence plate 111 AAA. And to add insult to injury, he was told that we couldn't reprint the parking permit. That and the fact that in June I got a ticket for not displaying a parking receipt on the driver's side of the windshield (it was on the passenger side) has led me to believe that Toronto Parking Enforcement Officers are either evil, or idiots. Or both.

There will be real knitting content tomorrow. I promise.

Labels:

Comments on "Perchance to Dream..."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Sep 04, 07:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh geeze, are you kidding me with those tickets? I mean obviously you just transposed your plate number. And the receipt was still displayed. Oof.

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Tue Sep 04, 08:33:00 AM EDT) : 

Yeah, I'm not so big on exploding fuel tanks either... but I am a big believer in Darwinian theory...
Yarn order too heavy? Is China making lead-based yarn now?

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Tue Sep 04, 10:59:00 AM EDT) : 

Parking enforcers just don't give a you know what! They want their quota and thats all folks.

 

Blogger Cyn said ... (Tue Sep 04, 12:31:00 PM EDT) : 

Toronto parking enforcement officers are definitely evil. They may also be idiots, I'm not certain, but they are most definitely evil. The fact that I know this from personal experience despite not actually owning a car OR living in Toronto tells you just how evil they are.

And now I want to go to Value Village. Gah!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Sep 04, 06:45:00 PM EDT) : 

I'd drive away from the exploding car too!

I can't believe your yarn basket was too heavy--take my money, please!

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Tue Sep 04, 10:44:00 PM EDT) : 

Gosh! Remind me never to park a car in Toronto.

 

post a comment