ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2007

Keeping myself honest

I'm nearing the end of the mindless stockinette socks (I actually sat in the poker room at the MGM Grande and knit today while The Gambler did his thing), and Coachella may go into hibernation (I hear that it cooled off back home while we were gone). So soon I will have to decide what project to start next.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that we are going to Europe for 3 weeks on October 6th, and I picked up this dress to use as the "nice outfit" for the trip:
travel


There's a long list of projects that I have yarn for:

Dropped lace scarf out of the purple Parisienne

Purl scarf out of the red Parisienne and red Malabrigo, or maybe I'll use Boku plus red Malabrigo with the Parisienne.

Clapotis - out of Fleece Artist KidSilk 2 ply (I'm in a Claptois KAL that starts in late September)

Rogue - out of Mission Falls wool

Flair - out of Patagonia nature cotton

Dragonfly - out of Elsebeth Lavold silky wool and silky tweed

Half Obi - out of Giotto

Chelsea - out of Autunno and 2 skeins of teal Manos

Sahara - out of Cherry Tree Hill Silk

2 button jacket - out of Colourworks (bulky)

Lite Brite - out of Noro and Cascade 220

Melody's Shawl - from the kit Trillian 42 gave me as a VD present.



And, there's another friend having a baby - a boy, so I plan to knit some Saartje's booties plus a Norwegian Baby Cap out of an orphan skein of sock yarn that is a blue/black marl.



Not to mention all that other sock yarn that should be knit into socks...

Labels:

Comments on "Keeping myself honest"

 

Blogger Laritza said ... (Fri Aug 24, 08:23:00 PM EDT) : 

That is a LOT of stuff to knit!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Fri Aug 24, 09:57:00 PM EDT) : 

Whew, ok I'm tired now reading your list! (hehe, about the length of mine!) Great black dress! One should always have a good one. Europe sounds like fun!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Aug 24, 11:04:00 PM EDT) : 

Great black dress! It's extremely flattering on you, I bet it will be appreciated.

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Sat Aug 25, 01:32:00 AM EDT) : 

love the dress. where in europe are you going? thanks for the offer to hitch a ride with you and your posse to the knitter's fair. i am not sure now if i am still going as there is a few things up in the air for that weekend now. i will keep you posted.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Aug 25, 03:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Love the dress - it looks like it has incredible drape. I've got a thing for pieces that rely on manipulation of fabric rather than embellishment. Very stylish.

Thanks for linking to the Half Obi... it's now on my TO DO list also.

 

Blogger GURO said ... (Sat Aug 25, 07:08:00 AM EDT) : 

You look great in that dress!

Whereabouts in Europe are you going?

And that list is long AND good, plus you have some more yarn on it's way to you...

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sat Aug 25, 07:41:00 AM EDT) : 

Great dress!

I need a nap. That list makes me tired just reading it.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sat Aug 25, 10:23:00 AM EDT) : 

I really like that dress! And must admit, I'm jealous of you and your trip to Europe ...

I'm glad someone else has a long list of "to knit" items. Mine just keeps growing ...

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Sat Aug 25, 04:04:00 PM EDT) : 

Dress looks really nice! And I thought I had a long list.WHew!

 

Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said ... (Mon Sep 03, 06:59:00 AM EDT) : 

Are you going to be in London? Can I take you to tea in Liberty's? Or will you be in Paris 27th/28th October?

So many questions....

~x~

 

post a comment