ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What I did on my holiday part 2

I bought some yarn...

This is Colinette Parisienne
knitting 024
Listen - can you hear it whispering?
knitting 026
Voulez vous tricoter avec moi?


And because I don't have enough projects waiting to be knit:
knitting 030
This is Autunno , a worsted weight merino which knits up like this:
knitting 005
No need to adjust your monitor, there is some very subtle light/dark shading of the yarn. I intend to use it to knit the dropped shoulder sweater from Yarnplay. One of these days.

And finally, the heat seems to have done something to my brain - I am giving serious consideration to knitting lace. Maybe it's because I am finding more "solid" stitch patterns like this:
knitting 010

Labels: ,

Comments on "What I did on my holiday part 2"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Aug 23, 07:25:00 AM EDT) : 

Hmm...those first yarns do seem to want to be something. But what???

I dig that subtle variation going on in that last yarn.

 

Blogger Vaedri said ... (Thu Aug 23, 08:59:00 AM EDT) : 

Ooh, pretty. Do you have plans yet for the fuzzy mohair? I have a cone of similar stuff that I bought only because it was beautiful (which, granted, is a very good reason) and I have no clue what to do with it.

Nice haul. :)

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Thu Aug 23, 12:01:00 PM EDT) : 

"Voulez vous tricoter avec moi?"

Hah! For the WIN.
Just add "...ce soir" at the end ;)

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Thu Aug 23, 07:43:00 PM EDT) : 

"Voulez vous tricoter avec moi?"

I'm with Glenna. That line made me laugh right out loud, and now that song is running around in my head!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Aug 23, 08:25:00 PM EDT) : 

That colinette is tres belle!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Thu Aug 23, 08:32:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice acquistions!

The lace pattern is awfully pretty, and it looks potentially do-able. Let me know if you try it.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Fri Aug 24, 04:13:00 PM EDT) : 

Voulez vous tricoter avec moi?
-- too hilarious!

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Fri Aug 24, 05:58:00 PM EDT) : 

That Lorette is trying to get me to buy and knit with something that looks like sewing thread, and now you too with the lace knitting.

AAAARRrrrrggggggg!!!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Fri Aug 24, 09:56:00 PM EDT) : 

Very pretty yarns!! That last yarn will be an awesome sweater, love the variations! :)

 

post a comment