ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hooray for Norway!

Guro was my Secret Pal during the last knittyboard exchange. There was some fantabulous mixup and the last package she sent me went on a little holiday before arriving back at her door. After something like 8 weeks.


So she re-sent it to my new address, and it arrived last week.
I'm planning to get a dressing table, and this placemat will sit on top of it.
She correctly deduced that I don't have a subscription to IK. This was the latest issue when she first sent the package!
Lovely pink pearl stitch markers and 2 brocade zippered bags for notion storage.
Some herbal tea which contains an ingredient that translates to "Cat's paw" It smells scrumptous!
And of course, there was yarn. I wanted a white background to shoot against, so I used something at hand:
greedo lovegarn
This is a long colour repeat marled yarn which is black/grey/teal, and similar to the Autunno I bought in Las Vegas. I might use it for the cuffs and collar of the Chelsea Sweater, or I might use it to knit the Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted gifts with any yarn remaining from the sweater (it calls for 2 different colourways of Silk Garden)
greedo tweed
A nice teal silk/wool tweed - which inspired Greedo to relocate to the front window.
mandarin
Mandarin yarn, which might end up being used for a baby knit.
mulberrysilk
And a shawl's worth of Mulberry Silk. Now in the running for being knit into Tuscany (it has an advantage over the cone yarn because I know what the yardage of this is!)
mulberrypron
mmmmm....mulberry.....
Many thanks Guro! Takk skal du ha !!!!

And now...

It's Saartje Bootie Time!
saartjesept4

I joined a knitting race on Ravelry - everyone was supposed to cast on at the same time Sunday (around 11 AM in my time zone), and see who could finish a knitting a pair first. I knew I would still be at the hospital then, but thought "Well, maybe I can get away by 2 or 3, and work on them all evening"...

...and the on call gods laughed. Ha ha ha ha!!

I finally cast on for them on Monday evening. This is an orphan skein of Regia 4 ply. I'm also going to knit a Norwegian Baby Cap to go with it. We have friends who are expecting a baby boy in October.

And I managed to pick up some buttons (as well as some other great things) at Value Village today!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Hooray for Norway!"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Sep 04, 08:18:00 PM EDT) : 

Oooo...that mulberry silk! Nice!

I'm curious to see if your VV is the same as the VV I remember in the Pac NW.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Tue Sep 04, 08:56:00 PM EDT) : 

I love how you use your cat as a backdrop for all the goodies :) What a well-behaved cat!

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Tue Sep 04, 10:46:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice goodies. You scored big!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Tue Sep 04, 11:15:00 PM EDT) : 

OK seriously - how quick was that photo shoot? If that were Ripple, it would have been less than 60 seconds. Then again, if it were Calvin, it could go on forever. Except he'd be staring intently at the camera. Or start showing off and flip on his back and end up falling off whatever he was laying on. Even the floor I'm sure. He's not a very bright cat.

Awesome package! I love that green laceweight. It will be perfect for Tuscany.

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Wed Sep 05, 12:19:00 PM EDT) : 

It seems everyone is oohing over that Mulberry silk - the color is so invigorating! I love it.

On a side note - Thanks for the suggestions on my quilted bear project - the definitly helped!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Thu Sep 06, 12:27:00 AM EDT) : 

What wonderful things from Norway!

And what a good kitty! Cary would have ran away and Mika would have attacked it.

 

Blogger Janis said ... (Tue Sep 11, 07:13:00 PM EDT) : 

Wooo - that silk is just your color, Lisa. Kitties are lookin' good, too.

 

post a comment