ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hmmmmm....

So I am well into the straight section of my Clapotis, and there is definitely some pooling happening.
clapotis sept 25 upright
It is broken up by the rows of black handspun, but I am still not certain if I should just rip it back and have one less repeat on the increase section...which would allow for more length.

Than again, the rows of dropped stitches are going to break up the pools of colour as well...and it would be nice to have it completed before we leave for Europe next week...

Labels:

Comments on "Hmmmmm...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Sep 26, 12:43:00 AM EDT) : 

Mine pooled too but it isn't that noticeable once I've wrapped it around my neck. Apparently, that's the beauty of variegated yarn... Or so they tell me.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Wed Sep 26, 12:55:00 AM EDT) : 

I think it looks just fine (but I'm someone who doesn't ususally mind a little pooling.

Maybe it won't be as noticeable once you drop the rest of it?

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Wed Sep 26, 07:08:00 AM EDT) : 

Normally it would bug me too, but I really think the dropped stitches break the pooling up visually, and it won't look pooled. I wouldn't frog, this time. (Of course, you can always finish it ON your trip! That would be tres apropos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Sep 26, 07:20:00 AM EDT) : 

think the pooling will be less likely to be seen when you drop more of the stitches.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Wed Sep 26, 09:01:00 AM EDT) : 

I wouldn't rip it out, but I'm also not really bothered by pooling. I think it looks really nice, actually ...

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Sep 26, 09:26:00 AM EDT) : 

I agree with what's been said already - I don't think it will stand out as much when the stitches are dropped. But a little pooling doesn't drive me insane.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (Wed Sep 26, 10:10:00 AM EDT) : 

My first thought was "but it's pretty pooling!" Honestly, I kinda like it -- and I think it'll become much more subtle as the dropped stitches run through it.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Sep 26, 11:36:00 AM EDT) : 

it's gorgeous, dahling! giv'er!

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Wed Sep 26, 12:07:00 PM EDT) : 

I think it's pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Sep 26, 02:39:00 PM EDT) : 

I agree with the others--the dropped stitches will make the pooling not as noticeable.

You're going to Europe? Cool! I was planning to send your final package sometime this week, but perhaps I should wait. Can you PM me on the Knittyboard with your plans?

 

Blogger Peggy said ... (Wed Sep 26, 03:36:00 PM EDT) : 

I can't really tell by the picture... but have are you alternating between 2 different skeins. I find that helps sometimes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Sep 26, 03:36:00 PM EDT) : 

I actually rather enjoy the pooling myself!

 

post a comment