ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 17, 2007

Because it's all about me...

I managed to sit down at cruise the knittyboard last night, and discovered a Knittyboard Blogstalking 2.0 thread. It seems that it's starting back up, and the theme of the first post is "Who I am"

Well, I am the person who suggested blogstalking in the first place.
Really.
There was a thread way back when which started out discussing the possibility of knittyboarders chatting with each other via skype...since I am not someone who does well with talking to strangers IRL, I suggested a summer "blogger comment swap" where each participant would be given a list of 10 or so blogs to follow and anonymously comment on regularly. People liked the idea, and it eventually developed into a group of bloggers who would post themes on a near-weekly basis.
Of course, the old thread has disappeared, so I can't prove it.

And this of course reminds me of the plotline in the move "Romy and Michelle" where the Mira Sorvino character decides to say that she came up with the idea behind Post-It notes, and when the Lisa Kudrow character wants to have come up with an idea too, Mira says that she can say she came up with the idea of making them yellow. And then the JaneAnn Garofalo character points out that a guy she knew from MIT invented Post-It notes, and hilarity ensues...


But I digress. Let's get back to me:

I do enjoy glamming it up, but what I really like to do is to find the beauty in the everyday. There is a section of my drive home from the hospital that I look forward to everyday. On the westbound 401 just before you get to Pickering, there is a curve in the highway. This is also the point where highway lights start. The curve of the road is mirrored by the procession of lightposts against the sky, and if it's near or past sunset, it's also picked up in the stream of headlights of the eastbound traffic. It's beautiful, and every day it's different - different sky, different time of day. Of course, since I'm usually driving about 120 km/hr at the time, I'll never catch a photo of it to show you. Unless I get stuck in a traffic jam, and have my camera with me.
But I do sometimes catch pictures of these things that I see. Sometimes they even resemble knitting motifs:


Argyles in the snow...


Sometimes chevrons too...


Even yarnovers and dropped stitches.
One more thing about me is that I'm more than happy to let sleeping cats lie

Turtlegirl asked about how I could use Greedo as a backdrop for yarn shots. For the most part, he sleeps so soundly that he won't change position for hours, and when he does eventually wake up, he's not in a big hurry to leave his nice warm spot. Of course, once I tried to lay some yarn on him while he was sleeping, and the tail of yarn hit him first, and immediately triggered a rudimentary "I have just been touched by a snake" feline reflex, causing him to go from sleeping to jumping up about a foot in the air within a microsecond.


Labels:

Comments on "Because it's all about me..."

 

Blogger Holly said ... (Mon Sep 17, 10:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Great photos! What a lovely drive home you enjoy. I agree that letting sleeping cats lie is a lovely rule of life.

Thank you for initiating the blogstalking idea. I believe you, I really, really do.

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Mon Sep 17, 10:21:00 AM EDT) : 

welcome back!!
love the kitty shots, and I am soooo jealous of the snow! Enjoy it this coming winter for me!

 

Blogger weezalana said ... (Mon Sep 17, 01:03:00 PM EDT) : 

Yes, but *I* came up with the idea of hyphenating Post-its... ;)

Love those snow shots! And your kitties are too cute!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Mon Sep 17, 01:20:00 PM EDT) : 

One of those kitties is going to slide off any minute now! I like your representation of knitting motifs in nature.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Sep 17, 01:40:00 PM EDT) : 

I know the type of cat Greedo is. Their idea of exercise is waking up every 9 hours to move 4 inches to the left and fall asleep again. Gah, too cute!

I dig your snowprints!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Mon Sep 17, 03:10:00 PM EDT) : 

Great pics! I especially love the kitty-pile!

 

Blogger Libi said ... (Mon Sep 17, 05:25:00 PM EDT) : 

I see shapes in things all the time. Patterns in the leaves or the snow or the way trees cross. Clouds and such. Good to know I'm not losing my mind.

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Mon Sep 17, 08:18:00 PM EDT) : 

The snow is so pretty and you tie it in well to knitting.

I love your kitties!!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Mon Sep 17, 09:58:00 PM EDT) : 

Hmm you may have invented blog stalking but I invented blogs! Yeah yeah, that's it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Sep 18, 09:52:00 PM EDT) : 

I thought I commented already and now I feel like a hunk of pooey.
You're so lovely, and your pictures are wonderful!

 

post a comment