ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Knitting Update

I knit this hat on the plane ride to LA - it managed to keep me slightly distracted from the incredibly annoying woman sitting beside me - will give the whole story in a future post.

baby hat
It's to match the 5 Ring Circus Jacket. I could probably still crank out some booties from the remaining yarn; might knit them on Friday (baby shower is Saturday)

Here's Chamoischella - my Coachella that is being knit out of Cotton Fleece in the Chamois colourway.



chamoischella1

Right now I am actually doing the back strip, and I am still not certain if the 2 skeins will be enough. While out shopping in Palm Springs I came across a knit cardigan, and really liked the stitch pattern:


It looks to me like the pattern would be Purl 1 row; then Sl 1, K1 to end; Purl 1 row; then K1, Sl1 to end.





If I do start running out of yarn, I will re-knit the bottom portion of the tank in this stitch pattern. It will be a bit more open of a knit, but for the bottom part that should't be too much of a problem.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Knitting Update"

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Thu Aug 16, 01:55:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the baby hat... and can't wait to hear the annoying woman story ;)

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Thu Aug 16, 03:44:00 PM EDT) : 

Cute hat! Look forward to the store as well! I like the name for your Chamoischella, sounds much better! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Aug 16, 04:01:00 PM EDT) : 

I think it's the Half Brioche St (P version).

Multiple of 2 + 1

R1 (WS): P
R2: K1 *K1B, K1; rep from * to end
R3: P
R4: KIB *K1, K1B; rep from * to end

K1B: Insert ndle through centre of st below next st on ndle and K this in the usual way, slipping the`st above off ndle at the same time.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Aug 16, 07:21:00 PM EDT) : 

I really just like saying Chamoischella...!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Thu Aug 16, 09:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Beautiful knitting. Now I want to know about the annoying woman on the plane!

 

Blogger Cyn said ... (Fri Aug 17, 10:06:00 AM EDT) : 

That's a really neat stitch pattern.

That hat is cute, and the jacket it matches is ADORABLE. Aww baby knits.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Aug 17, 11:27:00 AM EDT) : 

That stitch pattern is so pretty. heehe can't wait to hear about the annoying woman. ;)

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Fri Aug 17, 02:43:00 PM EDT) : 

What a pretty hat, and I like that stitch pattern, too.

Wow, an annoying woman on a plane. I thought I was the only one who attracted them ...

 

post a comment