ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 19, 2007

FO and frogging

I finally re-knit the Bauble for my sockapalooza pal, and it's currently en route to her together with the socks and other goodies.

completed bauble

Since her feet are much narrower than mine, I am assuming that her wrists and hands are also smaller than mine.

I got to the point of being able to try on my Chamoischella this evening, and realized that the problem with knitting a size Small is that the back (and armholes) are too short. Meaning that it fits fine in front, but the back totally rides up. The back strap also does not completely cover the straps of my "racerback" bra, so I frogged back to about 8 rows in, and will re-knit it as a halter top.

I hate frogging - it seems like such a waste of the time spent knitting that which is to be frogged. I find myself thinking "I could almost be done this by now if I hadn't had to rip all of that back..."
By the way - Golden Purl is having a blog contest.

Labels: ,

Comments on "FO and frogging"

 

Blogger Beadknitter said ... (Sun Aug 19, 11:47:00 AM EDT) : 

Everyone hates frogging. It's just part of the craft. A few years ago I met a very elderly knitter who told me these words of wisdom.

"As you knit, so shall you rip."

She was such a sweety.

I like your blog. Glad I found it.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Aug 19, 11:50:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow. That Bauble is amazing. Was it a pain to knit? I hate frogging too. Which would explain why many of my knits--esp ones with new techniques--look like they were knit by monkeys with glaucoma. No offense to any monkeys with glaucoma that might be reading.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Aug 19, 12:01:00 PM EDT) : 

That is really nice! I admire people that can knit with more than yarn! Lucky Pal!

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Sun Aug 19, 12:13:00 PM EDT) : 

Love the bracelet! It turned out really well!

As for frogging, yeah, it's a pain but it is a part of knitting. At least you know you'll get something that will fit better than if you'd just left it and finished it as written. That's the consolation.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Aug 19, 01:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Very pretty bracelet!

I don't like frogging much either. Sometimes, it's necessary, but for the most part, I try to come up with new ways to fudge it.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sun Aug 19, 08:52:00 PM EDT) : 

That is one great bracelet!

Frogging only bothers me a lot when I have talked myself out of it earlier in the pattern when I should have just done it then ...

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sun Aug 19, 09:12:00 PM EDT) : 

I suppose I must be a process knitter, because unless I am on a very tight deadline, I never mind frogging. It just means more knitting for me.

Congrats on the FO. It turned out very nicely. It is very pretty.

 

Blogger Holly said ... (Mon Aug 20, 01:40:00 PM EDT) : 

That bracelet is gorgeous! Love the colors. You have a very lucky sockapalooza pal!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Tue Aug 21, 02:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Frogging is definitely the pits. I've stopped knitting for the past week because I have to frog back the project I'm working on. :(

The bauble is so pretty.

 

post a comment