ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 13, 2007

Postcard from The Edge

Hi All!

We are on holiday this week and next - spent the weekend in Palm Springs, are just starting 2 days in Anaheim (in a hotel sitting on the brink of Disneyland), then heading to the San Fernando Valley for 5 days before we head to Las Vegas for 4 days. Because we like to do things like a) go away for 2 weeks shortly after moving, and b) visit not one, but TWO desert locales in the middle of the summer.

I cast on for Coachella, but have no photos to post yet - will do so within the next few days. Sadly, my knitting time is less than I had planned; it turns out that Someone's Driver's Licence expired the day before we left on holiday, and Rental Car Agencies don't like to have unlicenced drivers operate their cars (they are kind of funny that way). So I am the designated driver. Of a Dodge Charger, which is an aircraft carrier masquerading as a car - just to add insult to injury.
Yep - driving a car with a hemi; it's like a dream come true, except for the fact that I have never been a 17 year old guy.

Labels:

Comments on "Postcard from The Edge"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Aug 13, 06:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh dear lord, you killed me with that last sentence! Have a good time regardless!

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Mon Aug 13, 07:13:00 AM EDT) : 

Sounds like some of my vacations! At least the desert shouldn't be crowded this time of year -- and EVERYONE should be moving out of the way of the Big Vehicle! Too bad about your knitting time -- it's obnoxious when you were counting on the car time and it doesn't come to pass. Ah well, have fun anyway!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Mon Aug 13, 09:49:00 AM EDT) : 

Have a good trip, and don't get too carried away in your "tank"!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Aug 13, 11:41:00 AM EDT) : 

LOL - love your last sentence.

And... I hope you have a good reason to go to the Valley, on vacation no less :o)

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Mon Aug 13, 06:48:00 PM EDT) : 

My homeland! I was born in Anaheim and grew up just over the mountain from Palm Springs... I prefer the midwest! hope it's not too oppressively hot and smoggy for ya... have fun!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Aug 14, 12:00:00 AM EDT) : 

um..well, have a great time anyways... varooom!

 

post a comment