ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 09, 2007

FO sighting

Yesterday I went through several bins, and managed to find the purple capri sweats I was looking for, as well as The Gambler's red Bass shirt (in a bin that had made it into the rec room downstairs), butI was unable to find my darning needles. So I walked to (the websiteless) Passionknit, which is my new LYS. Emphasis on the L, because it took all of about 5 minutes to get there - according to Google Maps, it's 300 metres from my house. They had just gotten a shipment of new fall stock, including several new Rowan Yarns - like Kidsilk Aura and Cocoon - this shop might be my downfall! I managed to bypass the new yarns and get my needles, and last night I seamed up the 5 Ring Circus Cardigan:
5 ring circus finished
Stats:
Pattern: Bamboozle Baby Striped Jacket
Yarn: Crystal Palace Bamboozle - .9 skein carib blue, 2.1 skein circus
Needles: US8 Options
Cast on: July 25
Cast off: August 7
Completed: August 8

I still have leftovers, so I will probably knit up a matching cap. Possibly booties as well. I am very new to baby knitting, so I don't have a good feel for yarn requirements yet.

Labels: ,

Comments on "FO sighting"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Thu Aug 09, 09:17:00 AM EDT) : 

Very cute!!

 

Blogger Vaedri said ... (Thu Aug 09, 09:30:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh, very nice. I love the colours. I haven't been to Passionknit quite yet, but it is on my list: http://tinyurl.com/2pnehl

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Thu Aug 09, 10:11:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh that sweater is adorable!

Good luck with the truly local yarn shop. There are two in my neighborhood that are less than 4 blocks away ...

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Thu Aug 09, 10:20:00 AM EDT) : 

Very cute sweater! Baby stuff is so much fun to do; it goes fast and doesn't take much yarn.

Gotta love having a LYS within walking distance! (I do) ;)

 

Blogger f. pea said ... (Thu Aug 09, 11:06:00 AM EDT) : 

super cute! i would need blinders living so close to a YS. eep!

 

Blogger Beadknitter said ... (Thu Aug 09, 12:59:00 PM EDT) : 

What an adorable little sweater! Thanks for linking to the pattern. It will come in handy.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Thu Aug 09, 09:34:00 PM EDT) : 

Love the colors. And I am so jealous about your having a LYS just down the street. My Dallas one is 1.6 mi from the office; my favorite FW one is 17.4 mi from the house.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Aug 10, 03:15:00 AM EDT) : 

So sweet!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Aug 10, 07:26:00 AM EDT) : 

I've got one of those LYSs near me too--it takes longer to find a parking spot than it does to drive there. Very dangerous.

LOVE that sweater! Thanks for the link. Top-down---who can go wrong???

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Fri Aug 10, 03:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Definitely a LOCAL yarn shop! Must be nice....However, I have no willpower. So it's probably just as well that mine isn't quite as close....

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Aug 11, 02:48:00 PM EDT) : 

Now that's just adorable.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sun Aug 12, 02:32:00 PM EDT) : 

Very very cute sweater!!

I'm so jealous of a LYS in walking distance. That's even better than Coffee Shop in walking distance.

Hmm. I have a Walmart in walking distance. Can't quite compare.

 

post a comment