ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 06, 2007

Secret Pal 11 quiz

After a relocation-induced Secret Pal hiatus, I am back for Blogger Secret Pal 11.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Right now I think I am in the middle of a pendulum shift from solids to variegated back to solids. Or maybe I should give semisolids a trial. Yes, this could be my semisolid period - apt, when you consider how unsettled my life has been of late.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like anything that is super scratchy or fuzzy. Something that is 100% synthetic is OK as long at it is breathable!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
That's an excellent question - because right now I am not entirely sure where alot of my stuff is located (due to our recent move), and being able to narrow it down to a cardboard box, or a plastic bin, or a suicase would be very helpful. My Knitpicks Options Needles are sitting in their carrying case on a kitchen shelf. Doesn't everyone store their needles in the kitchen? Something in which to store addis and DPNs would be greatly appreciated.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I took a "how to knit" class in 2001, knit for about a year before I got super busy, picked it up again in 2004 long enough to knit a poncho (those were crazy days), and then really got into it in the summer of 2005 when I moved to Kelowna, BC.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I find this question harder to answer than "where do you want to be 5 years from now?" I am either a very advanced beginner or a very beginner intermediate knitter. There are alot of techniques (lace, fair isle) which I have absolutely no experience with, but I am confident enough to try making minor modifications to patterns.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Jasmine, cloves, lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like dark chocolate, but am not a huger candy person. I do love aything gingerbread - especially when it is so ginger-y that it borders on being spicy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?For the last year, I have been proclaiming my intention to try collage when asked this question, and I swear by all that is holy, that once we get the new house slightly organized, and I am not on call, I will get to work on it. I also want to start sewing again. I did a workshop in papercrafts, and will also dabble in that, but have no intention of making scrapbooks. No spinning for me - I have enough trouble keeping up with the knitting projects I want to do? I'll leave it to the nice people at Rowan, Colinette, Patons, et al to make nice yarn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm more of an information radio person than a music person. I do love 80's music, as those were the songs of my youth.
9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Greens - lime, teal, peacock, olive, forest (but not kelly), deep reds, purples, chocolate brown.
Any colors you just can't stand?
Primary orange (as opposed to more earth toned), light greys (they look like crap against my yellow-toned skin), pale pinks.
10. What is your family situation?
It's The Gambler and Me against the world!
Do you have any pets?
Two cats - can't get any more right now because they would outnumber us. They are our child equivalents, with the benefit of the fact that they can be left alone locked in the house for the weekend with food and water. Doesn't go over so well if you do that with a real child.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I am not a poncho person. Everything else I knit and wear - and will continue to do so because I am tall, and my hand size/head circumference is about 10% larger than the "average" women's size that commercially made hats/mitts/gloves are made to fit. One size fits all is a myth for me.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Whatever shiny new object has caught my eye. Which leads to alot of WIPs sometimes.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A baby cardigan, a pair of slippers for The Gamber, a pair of midless stockinette socks, and there are about 12 things I want to cast on for RIGHT NOW!!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I'd have to say that I am a circ girl.
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Am giving away my Denise set now that I have a set of Options (which I adore), also love my single addi lace needle for socks (and don't understand why they won't make them in true sock needle sizes).
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a 4 year old UFO (tank top)
18. What is your favorite holiday?
A nice beach holiday, especially if it's all inclusive.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Cat hair. Orphan skeins of yarn. Right now, I have a very extensive carboard box collection.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?I now realize that I would benefit from having a copy of No Sheep for You. I'm also intrigued by all of the "barberpole style" handspun yarns that I see out there in blogland - it would be great to get enough for a hat, or a scarf, or even a pair of socks - I am curious to see what it looks like when knitted up.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None - I buy the occasional Vogue Knitting, and it would be nice to have a subscription to IK
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm thinking of trying some lace stuff, but nothing particularly fancy or fussy - my own style is more streamlined.
22. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes.What are your foot measurements? US 11/Eur 42; I'll have to track down the exact measurements.
23. When is your birthday?
October 19 - this year it will be my 40th!
24. Are you on Ravelry?
Yes! If so, what's your ID?Ladylungdoc


Man, but I hate these super long questionnaire posts! Expecting some great stories or cat pictures and you have to read through a shopping list. Like you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that Mommy lives with me and Greedo!! Can't people just read her blog??

Labels: ,

Comments on "Secret Pal 11 quiz"

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Mon Aug 06, 08:11:00 PM EDT) : 

Reading the questionnaire was fun (as I am a nosy person, but too polite to ever ask questions myself), but the picture and quote at the end just cracked me up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Aug 07, 11:01:00 AM EDT) : 

Jealous of everyone doing SP ..been doing it since sp4 figured I need a break for a little bit. Guess what I will be using your name idea Tropical Garden. If you email your address I will send a little something in the mail for you. Thanks for the wonderful name!

Congrats on the new house it looks wonderful!

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Tue Aug 07, 11:30:00 AM EDT) : 

It's so true about the myth of one size fits all! Buying hats and gloves is so wearying - and especially shoes. Oh to be able to buy shoes like a normal person.

 

post a comment