ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Help!!

I know squat about html
If you do, please help!
How can I fix my template
so that the main body margin
allows for the right sidebar?

So apparently Blogger doesn't do a wraparound if you do a row of asterisks. Who knew?

Belated Saturday skies :


Ominous pre-departure sky


flying east at night sky
(Since flying east means arriving late at night, I didn't get around to downloading the photos until today. Love that 3 hour time change.)

After trudging through houses with the realtor this morning, I headed over to The Knit Cafe for High Tea. Forgot to take pictures - you'd think that I'm somewhat distracted by mild "starting a new job" anxiety. On the way there, I stopped at Romni Wools, and picked up some yarn. One skein is a Secret Pal gift, and I didn't think of that when I took the photo. Pardon the low tech cropping job.
The Karaoke is to add to the EBTKS bin; it was 25% off. The label-less multicolour sock yarn is Regia Silk, the solid is some wool/wool blend. Since both skeins were orphans, my plan is to use the solid colour yarn for the cuffs/heels/soles/toes of what I have christened "The Blended Family Socks" (There I go with the naming again. If only I could use that power for the forces of good.) The Regia stretch yarn was pretty. No rationalization there. Have I mentioned anything about new job jitters?


Liz (aka blu roux on Knittyboard) brought me a present:



Jitterbug yarn! In the "Jay" colourway.



(Now I have the jingle "OK.. Blue Jays" stuck in my head) . It's so beautiful, that if I had brought the appropriate sized needles, I would cast on for another pair of socks tonight, but in an unusual show of self restraint, I didn't bring spare needles.


In fact, it turns out that I only brought 4 out of the 5 dpns for the Jaywalkers - hence the safety pin being used as a stitch marker . DPN #5 was sitting under my laptop stand. I'm doing a short row heel instead of as written in the pattern. This yarn has a very long pattern repeat; it's close to 6 inches. It would make an awesome sweater (luckily Romni didn't have any of this yarn in stock...)

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Help!!"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun Mar 04, 03:35:00 PM EST) : 

It's working now by the looks of it. When I used this template the largest pic I could use in the main body was 500 px wide. You may want to check your pics below. Also, you can go into your template and see the # of Pixels designated for each column and the overall page. Make sure the main column isn't too big.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Mar 05, 02:39:00 PM EST) : 

i ain't no gud at html. yikes! thank goodness for turtle girl. i think i'm still achin' from yesterday's fondue. what a nice treat! the ebtks sweater looks like an awesome idea. if only i could do stripes! good luck with yer first day on the job!

 

Blogger Peggy said ... (Mon Mar 05, 03:18:00 PM EST) : 

The jaywalkers are looking good. I'm contemplating to make these myself and I can't wait to see yours finished.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Mar 06, 08:32:00 AM EST) : 

Blog looks good, as do the jaywalkers! I'm in awe of your photographic skills. Your pictures are always worth a look or two or three. If you didn't already have a job, you could always try getting into professional photography.

 

Blogger Bufanditas said ... (Tue Mar 06, 08:19:00 PM EST) : 

The Reggia Silk color looks so rich. The color choice for your Jaywalkers is perfect.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Mar 07, 10:32:00 AM EST) : 

Your jaywalkers match your bag!! They're looking good!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Mar 07, 03:21:00 PM EST) : 

That sock yarn is beautiful! Those are going to be some great socks.

 

post a comment