ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So far, So good

Can I just pause to mention that I love Crazy Aunt Purl?

Well, my first day at work went well (technically it wasn't my first day, because I've worked here a total of 3 or 4 weeks since June of last year, but it was my first day of being a non-temporary member of the hospital staff). Big sigh of relief.

Thanks for the comments about the jaywalkers - no photo to post (I'm sitting in my new office right now, eating lunch - so you just get text today), but I finished the heel last night. I really really love the way that the Regia has pseudo random stripes. I keep looking at the sock and having little conversations with myself:

Id: "hmmmm...that would make an awesome sleeve"

Superego: "you aren't supposed to be buying any yarn until October"

Ego:"Well, it is sock yarn, and it's not supposed to count. Let's google Regia 6 ply and see if it's sold online"

Id: "Hey, there it is, I could place an order right now"

Superego: "Um, hello? Do the words 'Knit from my stash' ring any bells?"

Ego:"At that price, it would be a pretty expensive sweater if we had to buy 11 more skeins"

Id:"Well there's this other colourway that is on sale for 2$/skein!! It says I need 13 for a sweater, but because I am tall, I should get 15. Or maybe an even 20"

Superego: "Am I speaking in tongues again? No buying yarn!!!"

Ego:"The striping looks great on the sock, but we wouldn't get the same effect on the body of the sweater"

Id:"Maybe I could just use the striped yarn for the sleeves, and use a coordinating colour for the body of the sweater...let's start shopping for yarns that might match it"

Superego:"Hey, it's past bedtime. You have to get up early tomorrow"

Ego: "If we buy the yarn online from this US site, we'll have to pay duty on it. Not to mention the fact that Kyle will probably be the one who will be home for the delivery, and we'll get an earfull about it"

Id: "Bah! Fine. Where's that chocolate milk that I picked up at the store on Sunday? I can't believe that I didn't get any ice cream while I was there..."

So I decided that I MIGHT buy a few skeins of the sale yarn (enough for sleeves), but I wouldn't do so until after I finish knitting my Poppy sweater. And my EBTKS. (Well, maybe once I cast on for my EBTKS...) So if {insert diety of choice} wants me to have that yarn, it won't be completely sold out by then.

Oh - Batty - thanks for the compliment about my photography skills. The beauty of digital photography is that I can take 25 crap pictures for every one good shot, and just delete the crap.

Labels: ,

Comments on "So far, So good"

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Tue Mar 06, 04:40:00 PM EST) : 

You crack me up!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Mar 06, 04:55:00 PM EST) : 

I love your conversations with yourself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Mar 07, 02:59:00 AM EST) : 

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I am putting together a new package for you.
I'm sure it be ready for shipping sometime next week.
Have a nice day! And have fun at your new job.
Hugs from your secret pal

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Thu Mar 08, 06:47:00 PM EST) : 

don't u just love talking to yourself!? as long as it's not *out loud* or *too loud*, it's fine. right? RIGHT?

 

post a comment