ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Destroying to create...

This post has been sitting in draft form for a few weeks...I was describing the photos to someone at a SnB tonight, and thought that I might as well finish it for your viewing pleasure.

This is a polar fleece cape that was embellished with pieces of a damaged lace shawl and some (alpaca?) roving. It was created by a fibre artist in Summerland, British Columbia. The lace and roving were needlefelted onto the collar using a needle felting machine I love the way it resembles spiderwebs and cobwebs.
I was so enamoured of it that I considered buying it (even though I am not a cape person), but the woman who did the embellishing had needlefelted hearts and words on the main part of the cape, and IMHO, it really detracted from the collar. I imagine that one can get quite giddy and go overboard with the technique. Kind of like what you get when Bedazzlers happen to innocent people.

Labels:

Comments on "Destroying to create..."

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Wed Mar 07, 11:39:00 PM EST) : 

That's really cool idea... well, until the hearts and words. It looks like it might not be that hard to replicate, might be a nice way to spuce up an old wool peacoat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 08, 07:42:00 AM EST) : 

It's a great idea, but you're right about the words and hearts...

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Thu Mar 08, 06:42:00 PM EST) : 

you're hilarious! bedazzler! woo!
looks kinda goth don'it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Mar 13, 09:53:00 AM EDT) : 

Bedazzler!
Some otherwise stable, rational people have been taken in by the Bedazzler. I'm not one of them, but every once in a while my daughter threatens to buy one and bedazzle me. I'm glad that's the form her pre-teen rebellion is taking!

 

post a comment