ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sock o' the Month

My 2007 resolution is to knit a pair of socks per month. I am currently deciding which of my many sock yarns I will use.

Right now the plan is:

January - resolution socks. Finish off a pair of Trekking Socks that I started in September (about 3 cm of sock A done so far)- ribbed sock pattern from a Paton's booklet

February - the shortest month, the shortest socks - either anklets or possibly "sockettes" (if I can find a pattern - I saw a pair on a blog once which referred to a pattern off of a Regia Pamphlet). I don't have any red or pink yarn, so they will probably get knitted out of a yarn I just bought online from a shop that was going out of business - they only had one skein left of the colourway, so I of course had to buy the orphan skein.

March - Regia Sock yarn that my Colourswap pal Jane sent me - it is selfstriping, white with several shades of green. Might finally do the Jaywalker pattern with these.

April - Some Trekking XXL that looks like it was dyed by spattering blue dye over white yarn; these will be the April Showers Socks, which will lead to...

May - Wildflower socks in Peaseblossom STR (...May flowers)

June - Regia Bamboo socks, possibly in a lacey pattern for summer.

July - A pair of socks for Kyle as a birthday gift(he's a Leo - early August). Yarn TBA; I do have some sock yarn that is black with short segments of brown that might do well for him.

August - Tex Mex Sox. Sock yarn that I bought in Seattle -inspired by the American Southwest. The colours are shades of turquoise, terracotta, gold and brown.

September - September Sunset Socks - Jolene's Sunset sock yarn by Claudia

October - Java CTH socks
November - Alpacaaaah socks - sock yarn that I bought at the Interior Provincial Exhibition ...

December - White Christmas socks -Opal Zebra (white with black stripes). In a pattern other than Jaywalker!!

Comments on "Sock o' the Month"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Dec 06, 09:41:00 AM EST) : 

I think that's an attainable goal. I like the idea of the short socks in Feb--very clever!

And I had to laugh at your knitting style down below. It took me a minute until I saw the detail of your fingers!

 

Blogger Liz said ... (Wed Dec 06, 10:54:00 AM EST) : 

E-gads! If I knitted a pair of socks a month, that might well be ALL I knitted. I move relatively quickly through the stitches and rows, but with only an hour or two (at most) per day available for knitting, it's still slow going.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Dec 06, 03:24:00 PM EST) : 

Sounds like a plan, it will be fun to see all those socks! Now you have to decide on the patterns...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Dec 07, 09:53:00 AM EST) : 

I really admire your sock of the month plan. I just don't think I could ever go through with it, I'd want to knit December's socks now, and May's sometime in October. I can't wait to see how your socks turn out, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Dec 23, 04:24:00 PM EST) : 

That's a pretty inspiring idea. Maybe I'll try that as well! Although my goal is just to knit more in general; I'm too slow...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Sun Jan 21, 11:12:00 AM EST) : 

OK, what did you do to those Zebra Jaywalkers? They look like cow socks! (Actually, I think that's pretty cool.)

 

post a comment