ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 30, 2006

My CheepA$$ Secret pal is awesome!

My wonderful SP sent me some beading tools! As well as some Wool of the Andes in a beautiful teal colour, some pretty soaps, and a Foamy the Squirrel button. She pointed out that the yarn might be used for Scarvember. Speaking of Scarvember...
I reached the ribbing portion of the seaman's scarf, and discovered that my version of the pattern was pre-correction. I was doing k4/p4/k3/p4/k3 etc on both sides. Since the pattern is symmetrical, it turns out that you get garter stitch which is separated by ridges.
Which looks kind of neat, but it isn't what's supposed to be happening here. Mental note to self - knitting a scarf with DK weight yarn takes a long time.

Comments on "My CheepA$$ Secret pal is awesome!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Nov 30, 08:10:00 PM EST) : 

The blue yarn is perfect for I scarf I have been thinking about:
Brioche ribbing. The stitch pattern is in the TKT Barbara Walker.
I do not knit long scarves! Moebious go faster and are easier to wear.....or so I think :)

 

Blogger Knittypants said ... (Thu Nov 30, 11:16:00 PM EST) : 

Scarves do take forever, I have been thinking of making an Irish Hiking Scarf, but the knitting commitment is putting me off.

Great gift package, that blue yarn is pretty.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Fri Dec 01, 01:20:00 AM EST) : 

Looks like your secret pal is doing a good job spoiling you!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Fri Dec 01, 04:14:00 PM EST) : 

That's the self-same kit of beading tools I have!

 

post a comment