ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 18, 2006

I have the self restraint of a hotel heiress on crack*

{*TM Nora Young} You may recall that I said I wasn't going to start anything until I finished Da Bears Socks? Well, this is going to be a Calorimetry. I was doing fine with my knitting monogamay until Ev asked me "would you like me to wind this into a ball for you?" as she rung up my yarn purchase...

So would I be able to make it through the Knit from your Stash KAL?

I'm thinking of personalizing the Knit From Your Stash 2007 rules to the following:

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start February 12**, 2007 and run through October 18, 2007 -- a period of nine months. **This will be suspended during the Sea Socks Cruise, so it's going to start a week early.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

2.a. Sock yarn does not count, nor do orphan skeins. Let's face it, they don't take up all that much room in the stash.

2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.

2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.

2.d. If I am making something felted, and have at least 75% of the yarn requirements in the stash, I can purchase enough yarn of the same brand to complete the project. This is to avoid felting mishaps.

3. I am allowed to receive and give gifts of yarn, and swaps are fair game.

4. If I do break down and buy something, I will get rid of the equivalent amount of yarn as a RAK/donation to charity.

I'm postponing the start of the yarn fast for 2 reasons - the first is to have it end on my birthday. The second is because my new Sister-in-law is going to be having a baby in June, and I need to figure out what I am going to knit for it. My stash doesn't realy run to baby type colours, so I might need to pick up something. However, I will try my best to come up with something that will use stash yarn.

Comments on "I have the self restraint of a hotel heiress on crack*"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Dec 18, 07:30:00 PM EST) : 

Ha ha! 99% of my stash IS orphan skeins! Since I suffer from knitting attention deficient, small projects that take up orphan skeins!

But seriously, that sounds like a doable goal.

Think you can stash bust and do a pair of socks a month? ;-)

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Mon Dec 18, 09:07:00 PM EST) : 

Trust me - I'm not delusional enough to think that I'm going to eliminate the stash, I just want to shrink it a bit. And all of the sock yarns that are earmarked for the socks o' the month are already in inventory!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Dec 19, 05:50:00 PM EST) : 

Good luck on the stash busting. I will be doing it too unofficially.

 

Blogger Katie said ... (Thu Dec 28, 04:03:00 AM EST) : 

You have more restraint than I. Nine months is a long time. I tend to take it week to week, but then again, 99% of my yarn purchases are sock yarn. Those are nice and easy to justify.

But that color for calorimetry will be beautiful.

 

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said ... (Thu Dec 28, 08:51:00 AM EST) : 

So, it starts on my birthday (2/12), eh? If I follow your rules, I could buy myself LOTS of birthday presents then. :-D

 

post a comment