ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Right now I am drinking some XCOLATL, which is a hot chocolate mix with a hint of chili powder
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I can't wrap worth a damn, so if it comes in a nice looking box, or if I get around to getting a gift bag, it is covered. Otherwise it appears naked on Christmas Day. We're not bothering to do presents this year - other than the socks I am knitting for Kyle.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights - our artificial tree comes equipped with them.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? The last 2 years it happened the day of the Department Christmas Party that we hosted.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Kutya - it's traditionally served as the first dish on Ukrainian Christmas Eve. It's made by soaking cracked wheat with poppyseeds, honey, and nuts, and then boiling it until it thickens.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sorry - don't have one.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We did that once or twice when I was young, but generally not.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Last year we used dice ornaments. This year, the only decorations are some bows that remained from last year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love skiing on it, I hate being unable to drive up our access road because of it.
12. Can you ice skate? I took adult beginner lessons when I was 20, so I can get by.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Kyle gave me an engagement ring Christmas 1998.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? It's not really that big of a deal for me. So I guess the most important thing is to try to plan a beach holiday just before Christmas so that I can miss out on the craziness.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Gingerbread cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Kyle and I haven't developed any of them yet.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing this year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I get a kick out of giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Бог предвічний.
20. Candy Canes? No thanks - although I once came across some candy canes that were chocolate flavoured.

Comments on "Christas Meme"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Dec 10, 05:53:00 PM EST) : 

Mmm...that hot chocolate w/chili powder sounds delicious!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Dec 10, 07:21:00 PM EST) : 

Hot chocolate with chili... I know the whole sweet and hot thing is all the rage, but something must be wrong with my taste buds. When I eat spicy food, I only taste the hot, not the flavor. I bet it's interesting, though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Dec 10, 09:04:00 PM EST) : 

You do seem to get quite the kick out of giving, and I will sing your praises!
I do have a different opinion on the candy cane subject, though. As long as they're not egg nog flavoured.. >_<

 

post a comment