ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Afterthought

I started working on the afterthought heel on Da Socks yesterday. Picking out the waste yarn was much more niggly than I expected. Only one stitch got dropped. I'm using this technique, which essentially has me knitting around the opening, and then doing a k2tog or ssk every second row at either side of the heel; kind of like knitting a toe. When I am done, I will then graft the 2 sides shut. I had been under the impression that the afterthought heel would be a short row heel, but there's probably more than one way to do it. I'm using the 2mm Crystal Palace Bamboo needles that my SP9 sent me(both socks are still on the addi circ). It's a bit of a guessing game regarding the number of rows that I will do before the heel is completed; I'd really rather not take it off the dpns for Kyle to try it on, because I only have one 2mm circ, and it will be a royal pain in the butt to re-insert the needles if I put it onto waste yarn.
Speaking of pains in the butt, this project now consists of 2 balls of yarn, 3 strands of yarn, 2 dangling circ ends, and 5 dpns. This photo was taken during the only 5 millisecond interval last evening where Somerset wasn't trying to chew on some part of the project.

Comments on "Afterthought"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Dec 21, 12:35:00 PM EST) : 

Amazing how well behaved they can be when there's the possibility of leaving photographic evidence.

I'm interested to see how your afterthoughts come out. I've never done them. I like the tutorial....esp. the toe-up part.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Dec 21, 10:04:00 PM EST) : 

Somerset looks none too happy -- with you, with the knitting, or with the camera.

I used to get that same look from Firstborn when she was a teenager, LOL.

 

post a comment