ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Scarvember update

Here's the current batch:
Red Scarf project / test knitting scarf. It's a Seaman's style scarf, and I am about 2 inches away from starting the ribbed portion. The yarn is a llama/alpaca purchased on ebay, and is more of a dark terracotta than red, but I plan to overdye it with Koolaid once it is done.
The discount yarn gift scarf, pre frogging. Since I wasn't sure of the yardage on the mystery yarns, I have been weighing as I go along. I just realized that I am more than 1/3 through the yarn, so since this photo was taken, it has been frogged and restarted on US15 needles.
The Scarf around, knit with sari yarn and a mystery yarn that I picked up from a $10/lb bin at the Seattle Fibre Festival this spring. For those not familiar with the pattern, it is knit in the round, and then when completed, you cut through a specific section, and voila - a scarf with longitudinal stripes. I have to say, the response that I get when I explain to knitters that I will be cutting it at the end has universally been a horrified gasp. "Eek! You cut it?!?"
My So Called Scarf, being knit out of Debbie Bliss Soho. If you look to the left end of the scarf (click on the picture to enlarge), you may notice that there are no white flecks in the last few cm of the scarf - same dye lot, but the white went AWOL in that skein. There was also some funky pooling action at the right hand side.
A better (yet slightly blurry) photo of the stitch pattern. I am trying to decide whether or not this scarf will need a fringe; if it gets one, it will be made with the white-free yarn.

I am taking a quick trip to Calgary this weekend - fly there tomorrow afternoon, meeting Saturday morning/afternoon, then fly home early Saturday evening. I specifically booked an early flight so that I can go hang out at Make 1 Yarns and knit on their comfy couch. Now I just need to decide which scarf to take with me...

Comments on "Scarvember update"

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Thu Nov 09, 08:46:00 PM EST) : 

Holy scarfmania!
I can't wait to see the sari one finished...the cutting does scare me...I must admit.
I am knitting a sock and using one of your beautiful stitch markers...butterfly!

 

Blogger SarahJanet said ... (Thu Nov 09, 08:52:00 PM EST) : 

Ohh, Make One Yarns. I love that store an obscene amount. Pet the Lorna's for me!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Thu Nov 09, 10:01:00 PM EST) : 

The scarves are looking great! Bummer about the Soho yarn though! Have a great trip!

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Fri Nov 10, 10:26:00 AM EST) : 

Nice scarves!

Wanted to let you know I don't have Nadia's email address but I was able to send her an email through the meetup.com site. (Complicated, I know!) Hopefully she's contacted you?

When are you in town next?

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Sun Nov 12, 06:24:00 PM EST) : 

scarf-a-licious! I'm really diggin' the sari around. can't wait to see it cut! have fun with the kool-aid!

 

post a comment