ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's all about Me(me) - 48 things

I received a variation on this as an email some time ago. Now it's in the blogosphere. Since I am on someone else's computer, and have no access to my photos, this is what you get.

1. FIRST NAME?
Lisa

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I have no idea - I am older than Lisa Marie Presley, so she wasn't the inspiration. I think that Lisa was one of the popular names in the late 60's (they were crazy times.) In grade 11, there were 3 of us in the same French class, and I worked with 2 other Lisas when I had a job working in a hospital kitchen.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
A few weeks ago. Despite being alone on my birthday (DH was 2/3 of the way across the country from me), cat love eliminated the need for any crying.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. I don't write - I print. And it isn't pretty; I have been told more than once that it doesn't look like a girl's handwriting. Wow - a doctor with messy handwriting, who knew? For the most part it is at least legible (unless I am really tired or in a big hurry). One of my secret powers is being able to decipher bad handwriting, but I have a colleague who has kryptonite handwriting - sometimes I wonder why he bothers to write things in patient charts, because nobody else can understand what it says.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
I rarely eat sandwiches, but if I had to, I would choose Beef Beyond Belief (sold at Dominion/A&P in Southern Ontario). Unlike other "deli" roast beef, this tastes like you just sliced it off of a roast - and it is cooked medium rare.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Possibly not. It would depend on whether or not the new me was a wanker - I do't suffer fools gladly. In real life, I am often very reserved around new people, and might seem a bit unapproachable at times. Plus I tend to be a listener/observer, rather than someone who approaches others.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
I started a different blog initially to use as a journal, but now I use it as a means to upload more photos when Blogger decides to cut me off.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. But not my wisdom teeth.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I don't think you could pay me enough money to do so - well, I guess that eventually there would be a sum of money large enough to do it. If I want an adrenaline rush, all I need to do is forget to turn my alarm clock on.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I am a cerealista - I have a plastic container in which I mix various types of cereals, nuts, dried fruit, oatmeal, etc.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I know I am physically strong. I recently did a fitness assessment and was able to do 36 real (i.e on my toes not my knees) pushups in a row. Sometimes strong willed.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Fudge Brownie - chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate - what could be better?

14. SHOE SIZE?
European 42, US women's 11.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red - deep red with blueish undertones rather than bright red with orange undertones.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
There are so many things to choose from. Probably the fact that I am incredibly hard on myself.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
DH, Somerset, Greedo - in that order(as I write this, DH is a 6 hour drive away, the cats are a 5 hour flight away.)

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Red shirt (good thing I am not living a Star Trek episode right now), faded blue jeans, brown loafer type shoes.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
A pulled ham sandwich which was delicious!!

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
I can hear a bit of traffic noise through the closed window, otherwise silence. Nothing good on CBC Radio right now.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I hate these "What type of _____ are you?" questions. Teal - because it is so hard to define and means something slightly different to everybody; sometimes it is blue-ish green, sometimes it is green-ish blue. How's that for an answer that really doesn't mean anything?

23. FAVORITE SMELL?
Cloves.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
DH.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
No one specific thing - it's a gestalt. Besides, if I am attracted to them, that implies that I am familiar with their appearance already, and the first impression is long past. I notice EVERYBODY's teeth - 1.5 years of dental school does this to you.

27. FAVORITE DRINK?
Nonalcoholic - chai tea. Alcoholic - port.

28. FAVORITE SPORT?
Summer - rowing. Winter - alpine skiing.

29. EYE COLOR?
Green, with a rim of gold around the pupil - the overall effect depends on the amount of ambient light - if my pupils are dilated, the green:gold ratio is lower.

30. HAT SIZE?
Large - hairbands never fit me properly. Somedays it is like someone ran me through the "enlarge by 10% function" on a photocopier - just a bit to big to easily fit things.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, I have a wardrobe of eyeglasses. I got a week's supply of disposable lenses a few years back and still have about 4 or 5 pairs left.

32. FAVORITE FOOD?
It is hard to pick one - I love the awesome salads that DH makes for me for lunch, I love to eat Indian food when DH is out of town, I love to eat seafood when he is. Crab legs, if I must choose.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy ending - see #9 above.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I grew up in Winnipeg, which is famous for having brutally cold winters (-30C was not unusual), so I would have to say Summer.

36. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Cheese with fruit.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Theatre by Somerset Maugham.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't have one - my computer is a laptop with a touch pad.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Didn't watch anything - I don't watch TV. For real - probably less than 2-3 hours per week, and those are just because DH will turn on the TV to watch poker or sports when I am sitting in the living room.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
My cats purring, wind in the trees, wind chimes.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Rolling Stones before they became old and irrelevant.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
New Zealand.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I am sometimes able to bring dead people back to life.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I saw this on Michelle's blog and on Michelle's blog.

Comments on "It's all about Me(me) - 48 things"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Oct 22, 09:31:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow, you must be in the throes of the move? (with the cats AND DH so far away?)

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Sun Oct 22, 01:04:00 PM EDT) : 

I wholeheartedly believe that to be a doctor, you must take a class to learn how to write so no one else can read it. AND, pharmacists take a class on how to decipher the handwriting. :)

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sun Oct 22, 07:09:00 PM EDT) : 

#46 is a very handy talent to have.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Oct 23, 09:13:00 AM EDT) : 

That is a handy talent indeed!

 

post a comment