ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 05, 2006

PSAs

We are now back at home. Our direct flight got cancelled by Air Canada, so we had to connect in Calgary. As we were walking through the gate area, trying to decide at which of the fine establishments we would eat, some guy came out of the men's washroom and said "Hey guys - I saw you in the terminal at Toronto." He then walked up to Kyle, wrung his hands together and implored him to never use his laptop on his lap because it "can do a number on your reproductive organs."

Which made our layover pass so much quicker, as we spent the time either coming up with various responses that we could have used instead of the stunned silence that followed, or trying to decide exactly how rude it is to walk up to someone and give them useless unsolicited advice.

Have no fear readers, once I extricate the cat from my lap, I will download some new photos for future posts. In the meantime, here is a scarf that I am working on.
It's being knitted with one of the skeins of yarn my one skein secret pal sent me together with some coordinating yarn. Pattern is Southern Snowfall scarf from (the ever so talented)Julie'sMind of Winter blog. This specific scarf isn't particularly wintery - I think I will call it the Mountain Pine Beetle scarf instead.

Comments on "PSAs"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Nov 06, 09:51:00 AM EST) : 

Hm, I would have to advise against letting your cat sit on your lap. It could do a number on your reproductive organs.

I'm sorry, it's bizzare and rude that someone would tell you that, but it's also kinda funny!

I love the color of that yarn--reminds me of a granny smith apple!

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Nov 06, 03:55:00 PM EST) : 

Sounds like it could have been my former b-i-l, but I can't imagine anybody letting him out of California. He was forevermore calling us up to share news about alien landings and sure-fire investments and vast conspiracies.

If you saw Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory", that would be my former b-i-l in a [you should excuse the expression] nutshell; I wonder if Mel was channeling him like Johnny Depp did Keith Richards for his turns as Jack Sparrow?

I'm with Bezzie re: the yarn/apple. I had to look at least twice to make sure which it was.

Looking forward to seeing the finished scarf

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Nov 07, 01:04:00 AM EST) : 

Yes, exactly what I thought of before I saw the comments, Granny smith apple, makes my mouth water! As for the laptop comment..geesh some people!

 

post a comment