ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Unreal Estate

Kyle and the Realtor saw a house last Thursday that was great - I went to go see it that evening. Awesome layout, great deck and yard, good location. Expensive, but not outrageously so considering the area we are looking in.

We go see it during the day on Sunday - it is such a great house! The owners are flexible in terms of posession date, and might even sell us some of their furniture.

Kyle and I debate about whether we should make an offer, whether we should wait to see what will happen with our house, talk about where our various pieces of furniture might go. We almost put in an offer yesterday, but because it is crazy at the hospital, I get home late, and we don't have a chance to sit and talk about it.

Today is again crazy - mid afternoon I sit down to quickly check my email. Kyle has forwarded a bunch of emails to me from the real estate agent.

Turns out that the land next door to the house belongs to a developer, and an application has been filed to build a 7 story condo on the lot. Sigh.

I don't know what is worse - this great house not working out, or the prospect of more house hunting.

Comments on "Unreal Estate"

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Thu Nov 02, 09:58:00 AM EST) : 

how horrible.

damn those evil condo developers and their stupid and crazy ideas to build condos in residential areas. the bastards....

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Nov 02, 08:01:00 PM EST) : 

Aw, that sucks. You still dealing with Little Miss Perky Realtor?

At least you dodged the condo in your backyard bullet.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Thu Nov 02, 10:35:00 PM EST) : 

Ouch. Handing you a double scoop of Halloween M&M's and mug of cold milk to wash them down.

At the risk of sounding terminally perky myself, if *this* house is a no-go, then the one which will be a yes must be inconceivably wonderful.

 

post a comment