ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 22, 2006

If this is Monday, it must be Toronto

Blogging from DH's laptop right now. We are back in the GTA for 2 weeks; I have a conference from the 25-27, and then will work for 5 days starting on the 30th. DH left ahead of time to attend a wedding stag (and wedding)held outside Ottawa, I went to Vancouver for a meeting Friday, and then flew into Toronto Saturday. DH finally met up with me this afternoon. He was exhausted post wedding, I was exhausted because I have been staying up late/getting up early for the last few days, so we went to bed at about 9. Which, for my PST acclimatized body, is 6. Which meant that "BING" at 10:30, I woke up from what my brain assumed was my nap. If left to my own devices, I generally nap for 90 minutes - presumably enough time to go through all the stages of a sleep cycle. If you aren't sleep deprived or narcoleptic, you don't dream during naps. I always dream; I don't have a sleep debt - I have a sleep mortgage.

Speaking of mortgages, tomorrow morning we will go shopping for a house. Always a bit weird walking through someone else's home. Weird to think that (hopefully) the same thing is happening in our house. Tiring as well. Part of me wants to find a house right away, and another part of me wants to wait until some time in December. Two reasons why - 1) I would rather not have to get a bridge loan so that we can start to pay for the new house while awaiting the sale of our old house, and 2) I am afraid that if we find a house now, we will end up moving sooner than we planned - and I want to make sure that I have some time off to play for a while between jobs. I want to get as much skiing in as possible this season.

Since I can't figure out exactly how DH has the files organized on this computer, I will have to make do with an oldie but goodie from the image library that I was able to access
A few years ago, I bought something that was essentially an oversized U shaped bottle brush mounted on a board - the idea was that the cats could rub themselves against it, and thus brush themselves. Somerset found the box much more interesting. I can't recall if she actually got stuck or no.

Comments on "If this is Monday, it must be Toronto"

 

Blogger Not An Artist said ... (Mon Oct 23, 03:36:00 PM EDT) : 

Wait, you are moving to Toronto? I swear, I get busy and stop paying attention for what seems like 5 minutes... welcome to the GTA!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Oct 23, 10:17:00 PM EDT) : 

That is one odd implement. I've never seen anything like it.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Tue Oct 24, 08:58:00 AM EDT) : 

I empathize with the house hunting... we have been doing it for 5 months now...

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Tue Oct 24, 02:03:00 PM EDT) : 

welcome to the big smoke! how ironic that, lady lung doc? looking forward to Wednesday!

 

post a comment