ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ball O' Goodness

Lynn sent me this great yarn ball a few weeks ago.
Here are a few of the things hidden in the ball - some stitch markers, point protectors, a nice ribbon, as well as a kit to make a bookmark. There was also a cool tape measure that didn't make it into the picture. The yarn itself is Cascade 220. Thanks Lynn!!

We spent the last 2 days house shopping. The real estate agent is Amazingly! Perky! And! Enthusiastic! I have been able to reign in my instinctive desire to piss in her cornflakes by making caustic remarks, so she just has to put up with DH's low grade mocking.

Knitting wise, I have had bad luck with some of my travel projects - I am working on a So Called Scarf, and 2 inches into my 3rd skein of Debbie Bliss Soho yarn in a purple/grey/magenta/white colourway, realized that although it is the same dyelot, it has much less white than the other 2 skeins. So I have emailed my contact at the LYS at home to pull some skeins, and to try to get some that have white in them. Kyle's slipper socks got frogged again - I realized that the yarn I was using is actually DK rather than worsted, so they were going to look like mesh booties. I was knitting with 2 strands, and I did wind 2 skeins into a centre pull ball, so in theory I could go up to 4 strands, but that seems a bit more tricky than it is worth.

So I am now casting on for a Scarf Around Everywhere I go, I am seeing people wearing scarves with longitudinal stripes rather than horizontal stripes, so if this works out well, I might make a few more in this style, although not necessarily with Sari Yarn (although I did by 3 skeins of it the other day - in all honesty, it was a bribe to myself to finish off the stack of dictations that was sitting on my desk at work) BTW - 274 stitches of a long tail cast on?!? Since it is joined and knit as a circle, I do not see why it's necessary to do long tail, but I am actually faster at long tail cast on than short tail, so I decided I might as well follow the instructions. I have a photo of the yarns that I am using on my camera, and will try to get them onto the laptop for upload.

Saturday is the TTC Knitalong!! I can't wait!

Comments on "Ball O' Goodness"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Oct 24, 09:43:00 PM EDT) : 

I love those "magic balls" (of yarn). And um, speaking of which, first glance that bookmark pattern kinda looks like a sperm. Hee hee.

Aw, let the caustic remarks go. That many days of house shopping...ugh!

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Tue Oct 24, 10:30:00 PM EDT) : 

Yes - it totally looks like a sperm. Maybe I will knit a whole bunch of them with white yarn and DH can use them for some art.

Luckily I have a 2 day reprieve from Little Miss Sunshine - I will be a a conference during the day tomorrow and Thursday, and won't look art houses again until Thursday evening.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Wed Oct 25, 06:47:00 AM EDT) : 

I started reading your post and thought, "Did I send her a ball of green yarn that I didn't know I had? And all that other stuff? Is Alzheimer's kicking in?"

So I clicked on the link and discovered to my considerable relief that I had not.

Thanks for the techie info; I hope to be home long enough tonight to open it and read it and implement it.

[Hiding my cornflakes.]

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Wed Oct 25, 10:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Do you crochet at all? Crochet cast on works GREAT for unending cast ons. There's no worry of not having allowed enough yarn for a long tail cast on and it looks good, too.

What a great gift idea.. a magic ball... who knew? As for the Soho, you didn't say you wanted white in the balls... now I'll have to go check it. ;)

 

post a comment