ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 20, 2006

Kids scare me

Sick kids, that is. I did my medical school pediatrics rotation in 1992, and have almost exclusively treated adults since then. I had to see a young kid in the ER this weekend, and for reasons that are somewhat complex, I am the "most responsible physician" - I avoid that status in general, let along when I am dealing with someone outside my usual patient group.

I am worried; this kid is sick, but has the potential to get much sicker. It's funny how some patients get under your skin, while others make little impression on you.

Comments on "Kids scare me"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Nov 21, 12:09:00 AM EST) : 

Me 2! My rotation in peds as an intern is something I would never repeat. Many years later (I refuse to date myself !) I still remember several kids that got under my skin and never crawled out. I do not have kids of my own and I know my horror of sick kids has a lot to do with it.

 

post a comment