ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 13, 2006

...Insert catchy title here...

I am in the process of completing my Scarf Around. Neat thing happened when I used Yahoo to search for the Scarf Around pattern - my blog was the second hit. Man, the only thing more tedious than casting on 274 stitches is casting them off. At least I didn't need to keep count.
The Sale Bin Yarn Scarf got finished - and was only 36 inches long.
A beautifully soft and cushy 36 inches, but not "a guy's scarf" by any stretch of the imagination. Sigh. So I spent much of this morning frogging it, and separating out the yarns that had been knit together. I dug through the stash and found some beige/grey mystery yarn that feels merino-ish, as well as some Classic Merino (bought on sale - the Sale Yarn theme lives on). The latest incarnation will be based on the "Men's Rustic Scarf" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Wouldn't you know that the first line of the pattern is "Cast on 171 sts." Double sigh.

Other knitting activity this weekend included knitting a touque for Kyle out of some yarn that I picked up to use as possible Sock Wars artillery.
Slowly but surely I am making a dint in the stash - a microscopic dint, but a dint nonetheless.

Comments on "...Insert catchy title here..."

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Nov 13, 09:14:00 PM EST) : 

"...knitting a touque for Kyle". That's not what I read. What I read was, "knitting a tongue for Kyle". Not a pleasant thought, LOL.

Yes, I think I really do need to get that prescription for new glasses filled, sooner rather than later.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Nov 13, 11:56:00 PM EST) : 

Aw, only 36 inches? That's too bad. Well, I can't wait to see how the reincarnate comes out.

 

Blogger OLPP said ... (Tue Nov 14, 08:08:00 AM EST) : 

Ew, knitting a tongue!
Sounds like something from the Monster Crochet blog!

Your scarves are lovely!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Tue Nov 14, 09:48:00 PM EST) : 

The scarf around looks effing awesome. I still can't believe you actually cut that scarf in half.

 

post a comment