ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Doe, a deer, a female deer..

There's a reason why this song is stuck in my head. I stopped to pick up some milk at the grocery store near my office and took a look in their magazine rack to see if they had any knitting magazines. I discovered "A Needle Pulling Thread", which is a new Canadian "needle arts" magazine. The magazine featured at least one pattern for each of the "disciplines" (knitting, crochet, weaving, knitting with beads, quilting, sewing). I quite liked it, and decided to subscribe to it. There are a few benefits to this particular subscription - there are only 5 issues per year, and with only a few knitting related patterns, the number to projects that will get added to my "to knit" list will be manageable.

Last evening was also evening knitting class at my LYS. I picked up an orphan skein of Kureyon, because I think I might start a Lizard Ridge afghan to use up the skeins left over from Kyle's sweater the felted backpack I made. I also picked up 2 skeins of Berocco Keltic and am gong to see how they work with the Lizard Ridge pattern, because it would be cheaper than the Kureyon. I think the colour shifts are much more subtle, so it will be interesting to see how it works out.
I might end up making a Lizard Ridge Pillow.

Comments on "Doe, a deer, a female deer.."

 

Blogger Kessa said ... (Thu Nov 23, 01:11:00 PM EST) : 

Cool magazine. I'd probably be tempted to learn to crochet, quilt, weave, etc!

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Fri Nov 24, 08:59:00 AM EST) : 

Gah! I am considering the lizard ridge too...I can't believe it...I am so not an afghan girl...but I have an awesome colour of kureyon in the store just sitting there...crap

 

post a comment