ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP 9 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I really enjoyed knitting with Socks that Rock. I am currently in a handpainted/variegated phase - it's neat to see how the colours come out.
I dislike scratchy acrylic and anything "splitty".

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I generally try to keep needles in their original pacakge. That's about as organized as I get - there are usually a few sets on coffee tables or on one of 2 bookcases. Otherwise, they might be sitting in one of my 3 knitting carrying cases.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced
I took a knitting class back in 2000 or 2001, knit for about 18 minths, then got too busy with life. I picked my needles back up for a while in 2004, and then got back into it with gusto the summer of 2005. I'm either an advanced beginner or a junior intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Cloves.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate is the 5th food group in my book. I also love gingerbread. Not a big candy person.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I dabble in stitch marker making (using a pair of needlenose pliers from the hardware store). I dabbled in watercolours for a while, but I think I might be better suited to collage (haven't tried it yet). I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) 80's music, or anything remniscent of it. I listen to Alt Nation and First Wave on Sirius from time to time, but generally listen to CBC Radio 1. I am MP3 compatible.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Deep Red, Teal, Lime Green, Chocolate Brown, Rust, Dark Olive. I am not a pink person, and am bored by pastels. Gray rarely does it for me. Orangey-reds, mustard yellow and neon type orange are ick.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My husband and I live with 2 cats, because they are waaaay easier to take care of than kids. Try leaving a kid locked in the house with food and water when you go away for the weekend - next thing you know, you are on the front page of the newspaper...

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
There are about 100 people outside of Mexico and Central/South America who can get away with wearing ponchos. I am not one of them. I wear scarves, hats, mittens and gloves if I can find them to fit my Amazonian proportions: 22.5 inch head circumference, 8 inch knuckle span, 6 inch wrist circumference, 3 inch thumb, 8 inches from wrist to the tip of my middle finger.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It's a toss up between socks and things that I can finish quickly.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Actively - A pair of socks in Trekking, a pair of sock/booties for my husband, 2 scarves. Hibernating -A somewhat cowl, a Checkerboard Shell.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use both - I have a set of Denises, but am slowly collecting Addi Circs (100+ cm in length so I can magic loop them). Most of my straights are aluminum, my dpns are about 70:30 aluminum:wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
The checkerboard shell - I think I cast on for it in 2002 or 2003.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
A Beach Holiday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Cat hair.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I covet the Noni Bobble Bag and Carpet Bag patterns - and any partial or full skeins of Cascade 220 for bobbles. I don't subscribe to any knitting magazines - I just read the online ones; no need for storage space. The following books are on my wish list: Knitting without tears, Knitting for Anarchists, Knitting on the Road, Knit Fix, Inspired Cable Knits

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
ummmm...blocking? I have a Tivoli T that I have finished, but haven't gotten around to blocking yet How to actually finish projects before starting new ones?

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes - just finished my second pair. I have a US11/European42 foot - 10.25 inches long.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
October 19th - the same day as Amy Carter.

Comments on "SP 9 questionnaire"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sun Oct 01, 06:50:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh dear with the pink and the grey. Blame Sockinator for that. Hope that the grape cuffs, heels, & toes are adequate compensation.

You can always wear them as bed socks, LOL.

Madtatter52

PS. I've just bookmarked your blog.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Oct 01, 09:34:00 PM EDT) : 

Ok, I have nothing to do with your SP, and normally I don't read posts like this that are directed directly at SPs--but #19 was classic. Thanks for a good laugh!

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Mon Oct 02, 10:41:00 AM EDT) : 

At least they didn't ask what kind of yarn I am.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Oct 02, 08:22:00 PM EDT) : 

BOO!!!

I am glad you answered all those questions...I know so much more about you now and can spook you better :)

Your SSP

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (Tue Oct 03, 09:48:00 AM EDT) : 

I enjoyed reading that - especially about your hand size. I thought I had large hands - and I do for my 5' 7" bod. But your hands are bigger! The measurement from my wrist to teh tip of my middle finger is a little over 7 inches.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Tue Oct 03, 03:38:00 PM EDT) : 

ahhhh...memories...like the corners of my mind...misty water coloured memmmmories....bla blal blaaaa.
hope you're well!

 

post a comment