ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2010

At long last...


My word but I have sucked at blogging over the last few months. My latest lame excuse reason for internet silence is that I am no longer able to upload photographs from my blackberry onto flickr. Meaning that I have to go to all the trouble of taking pictures with an actual camera, and then downloading them into my computer before uploading them to flickr. My life is so hard.


I'm hoping that come July I will be much prone to being immobilized by intertia - we have managed to hire some new doctors to work in the ICU, and there will be 2 of us working at a time on weekdays, which should lead to my quality of life improving by leaps and bounds. More time to do all sorts of fun things when I am on call like sleep! Possibly even some time to knit.


I have gotten a reasonable amount of knitting done in the last few months, although since early April everything I have knit has been for other people (which not my usual practice!)


In May I finished knitting Herbivore for The Gambler's Mother:
July 31 2010 003
I still have a reasonable amount of yarn left, but it was becoming quite tedious - the "pattern" portion involves purling through the back loop on the wrong side. So this was what it was like to knit it: " Okay, some mindless stockinette, not a problem, what's on TV? Slightly tricky twisted rib section on the right side - oh damn, did I forget to twist those stitches? Mindless stockinette...much longer slightly twisted rib...mindless stockinette...oh good, it's the short twisted rib section - I am almost finished this row...mindless stockinette. Turn work - mindless stockinette again...OMG it is a pain to have to purl through the back loop; thank goodness this section is so short...mindless stockinette...OH MY LORD, I am going to grow old and die before I finish this middle twisted rib section; how big is this damned shawl? Can I cast off soon? Mindless stickinette...stupic twisted rib - at least this section is shorter...mindless stockinette...Thank God! It's the right side row!!!"
Igave up on it and cast off got to a point where I thought it was a decent size just before TGM paid us a brief visit. I knew where my blocking pads and blocking wires were, but had no idea where my blocking pins were.
So I improvised:
July 31 2010 006

Anyone up for some corn on the cob?
July 31 2010 005

By the way - Secret Pal - your package arrived today; I'm going to open it tomorrow. And even take some pictures!

Labels:

Comments on "At long last..."

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Tue Jun 08, 07:53:00 PM EDT) : 

You have many corn skewers even if you consider that they come in twos. You are a cornskillionairess! Nice description of the knitting process. It was hauntingly familiar. DId you you take a pic of the shawl after the blockage?

 

Anonymous Elizabeth said ... (Thu Jun 10, 10:35:00 PM EDT) : 

I just adore the picture of the cat on the bike. It's a great piece of art. Love the knitting, too!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Jun 13, 07:08:00 AM EDT) : 

Glad to hear you're about to have less work stress (well, for a doctor working at a hospital)! That really should improve your quality of life a lot.

Twisted stitches hurt my hands. I even got tennis elbow from them once. Love that shawl, but that much twisted rib? Ouch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Jul 02, 12:39:00 PM EDT) : 

here kitty kitty. glad you got the package. the next one is in the mail.

 

post a comment