ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Maybe it is a cat pillow after all...

Cat pillow

Flair is so versatile!

I am about to finish the second sleeve; then I will be ripping back the first sleeve because I discovered 2 mistakes - I missed a decrease, and there's a small hole where I created a stitch. Neither are visible to anyone but me, but that hole will drive me crazy.

I am also debating whether or not I should rip out the bottom few inches and reknit due to the visible colour change:

Flair april 14 flash

Flair skein change 2

Of course, there's also the issue of the colour change at the top of the garment:
Flair skein change 1

And this happened despite alternating skeins! It's not a dyelot problem - this yarn has no dyelots, but there is some variability between skeins in terms of colour distribution. I thought that I had balanced them out, but apparently there were a few skeins which were significantly lighter than the others. Hopefully the overall variegation of the yarn masks it somewhat.


By all rights I should have finished knitting this by now, but I took a short hiatus to knit this:

Beret shade

Beret on

The pattern is Molly ; I picked it up this fall when I was in Vancouver. The yarn is Estelle Arequipa. I knit an extra repeat of the lace trim at the start; I am happy that I did, because I think that it would look a bit skimpy otherwise. I'm giving it to The Gambler's Mom, who also has a fairly broad forehead.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Maybe it is a cat pillow after all..."

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Apr 18, 09:41:00 PM EDT) : 

Told you so.

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Mon Apr 19, 10:43:00 AM EDT) : 

I love how cats feel that EVERYTHING belongs to them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Apr 27, 01:19:00 PM EDT) : 

Hi there! I am your secret pal! I cant seem to find your secret pal about me list?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Apr 27, 04:57:00 PM EDT) : 

Ooooops PS: if it isnt here on your blog u can email it to me at
knit.till.you.die@gmail.com

:)

 

post a comment