ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 23, 2009

Call to Arms

Last weekend I had 2 days that I could devote chunks of time to knitting.

This was the result:
Poppy Oct 18 lengthwise

It's now resembling an actual garment! Only the sleeves remain.

As the pattern is written, I should be knitting them from the cuff up, but I am going to try pickinng up stitches around the armhole and knitting them top down using the technique described in Wendy Bernard's book Custom Knits. My only concern is that it involves short row shaping at the top of the sleeve. Since I have at least 4 different dyelots (it is entirely possible that each of the 6+ skeins I have comes from a different dyelot), I am going to have to figure out how I can alternate skeins while doing short rows.

Then there's that whole matter of all those ends at the bottom...

Labels:

Comments on "Call to Arms"

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Fri Oct 23, 06:19:00 PM EDT) : 

It's looking great so far! Look forward to seeing the sleeves, whatever way you knit them.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Fri Oct 23, 08:49:00 PM EDT) : 

I also think it would look great without sleeves, say like a vest. Then you can use the rest of the yarn to make a bunch of other stuff.

 

Blogger Kaye said ... (Sat Oct 24, 12:23:00 AM EDT) : 

Myself? I'd live with mismatched sleeves and funky pooling. But I'm sloppy like that!

It's looking good!

 

Blogger TracyKM said ... (Tue Nov 10, 12:10:00 PM EST) : 

As you go across where you dropped the first yarn, just carry it along like you're doing fair isle until you come to where you stop and turn again :)

 

post a comment