ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm not here

The Gambler and I have rented a cottage for 5 days. I have brought along 2 projects:

Socks knit from some Regia sock yarn I recieved in a Knitty gift swap:
Pinkery A regia sock

The pattern is Mockery (very nice pattern-easy to remember; subtle, but still noticeable against strong patterning), so I have christened them The Pinkery Socks. I may not get much done on them; they are coming along only because they are my current purse knitting project.

The second project is one I am hoping to make significant progress on:

A skirt knit out of Kelly (cotton acrylic chain yarn) that I bought at Romni's boxing day sale:

wrong side

The pattern is The Snapping Turtle Skirts out of Knitting Nature by Nora Gaughan. The construction is interesting; it's 3 rows of hexagons, and each hexagon is knit right on to the hexagon beside/above. The hexagons get larger as you go down the skirt, so it's an A-line design. The yarn colour ranges from a deep denim to a more faded denim colour, so I am christening this project The Dream of The Blue Turtle Skirt. Oh dear - that album was released 23 years ago - there may be people reading this blog post who were born AFTER Sting came out with his first Solo album. Sigh. I am old.

You'll have to wait until next weekend to find out how far I get on it. I know - the suspense is killing me too.

BTW - if any of my GTA knitting contacts are planning on submitting a Knitpicks order in the next month, could you get in touch with me? I need to order a few extra cords for my Options/Harmony set, but am trying to avoid buying more yarn. If I can add my cords on to your shipment, that would be great.

Labels: ,

Comments on "I'm not here"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Jul 22, 09:11:00 AM EDT) : 

That skirt construction sounds really interesting. I can't wait to see it done!

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Tue Jul 22, 10:32:00 AM EDT) : 

Hee! Nice name on the skirt. I love that album!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Tue Jul 22, 04:22:00 PM EDT) : 

I really like how those socks are working up. I think I need to go look at that pattern and that yarn too. Very nice

Enjoy the cabin

 

Blogger Manon C. said ... (Thu Jul 24, 01:21:00 PM EDT) : 

I will most probably place an order with Knitpicks in August. I need to replenish some of my Harmony circulars; they all seem to be stuck on WIP!
Let me know what you need by e-mailing me directly.

 

post a comment