ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday night...

Conversations overheard in Indian restaurants:

Woman: "She has a Corgi - they have big heads for their size"
Man: "The Queen has Corgis"
Woman: "Really?"
Man: "Yes, Corgis come from Wales"
Woman: "From whales???"
Man: "You know, Wales, the country"
Woman: "Oh, WALES. I've always wanted to go to Wales..."

Woman one: "We are going to see that new movie The Other Boleyn Girl next week"
Woman two: "I can't wait to see it; I love movies set in that era - you know, like Pride and Prejudice"

You know how some knitting projects have a black hole phase, where you knit and knit and knit and nothing seems to happen? I have discovered an unusual variation of this effect:

sleeves March 22

I think that my arms are growing at a rate equal to that of the sleeves. The sleeves themselves seem to be getting bigger, but when I try them on, the gap between my armpit and the needle remains unchanged. The sleeve on the left is in a time out right now - there was a knot in the darker colourway skein which led to a sudden colour change from blue to black mid-stripe. I'm trying to decide if I should just leave it or rip it back and start the stripe out black.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Saturday night..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Mar 23, 07:00:00 AM EDT) : 

Are you obsessive about having your knitting match? Rip it out.

Are you worried about everyone remarking on it? Rip it out.

Do you want the freeking sweater done and ready to wear where you won't notice the colour change at all?

.......

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Sun Mar 23, 07:38:00 AM EDT) : 

It's actually just 2 rows of potential ripping. Not enought to significantly impede knitting progress (unless I am immobilized by indecision)

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun Mar 23, 09:41:00 AM EDT) : 

Ahh, sleeve island. Tis why I prefer 3/4 length sleeves.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Mar 23, 01:35:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm currently a non-practicing historian, but... that second bit of conversation almost had me passed out on the floor. Like the student who was convinced the industrial revolution had something to do with WWI...

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Mar 23, 07:04:00 PM EDT) : 

I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut in situations like that and end up saying a lot of snarky things under my breath...

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Mon Mar 24, 06:55:00 AM EDT) : 

It seems you have discovered a new quadrant in the Black Hole. Good luck with that!

 

post a comment